Hidden From Jehovah's Witness videos

by Vortex 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vortex
    Vortex

This video deal with some really important information that I wanted to share with you all, Looks like it may have hit a nerve in the Watchtower, because the stock link he mentioned in the video has been taken down, it was up yesterday, he says he plays Chess and anticipated they would do that, so he supplied a secondary link to the same information. The entire 8 part series is very informative exposing alot about Watchtower doctrine, and hidden elements. Here is the link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0lrdx3vPug

Here is the secondary link to the WT stocks he mentioned, he wrote that since "someone" is trying to remove the site, that everyone copy and post this information everywhere on the internet. Here is the secondary site.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jHIdRSoAHQIJ:nccsweb.urban.org/communityplatform/nccs/organization/profile/id/386043103+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

For the entire 8 part Hidden From Jehovah's Witness series here is the link:

www.youtube.com/jasonzelda

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Here is a link to an interesting US Federal tax documents:

IRS Form 990 Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax - Henrietta M. Riley Trust for the WTBTS

Beginning on page 26 is a detailed listing of the trust's investment portfolio. Here are a few holdings which I find both ironic and hypocritical:

• Fidelity Inst Government III
    • Apple
    • Boeing
    • Disney Walt Co
    • Dow Chemical
    • Facebook
    • Google Inc CLC
    • Lions Gate Entertainment
    • Molson Coors Brewing Co
    • Starbucks
    • Time Warner Inc
    • United Technologies

-

Granted, these are holdings in a mutual fund with a diverse portfolio of holdings. But there is not question that the primary mission of many of these companies are in direct conflict with the alleged moral position of the WTBTS.

Boeing, Northrop Grumman and United Technologies are huge defense contractors. Lions Gate makes tons of R-rated movies. The list is long.

The fact is, they WT leaders are hypocrites. This just proves they're whores for money. High-priced whores, but whores nonetheless.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame
    Granted, these are holdings in a mutual fund with a diverse portfolio of holdings.

Lets not forget that there are socially responsible funds to choose from. That these funds even exist shows that there are non-JWs that are more concerned with clean investing than the JWs are.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame
    Oubliette, what makes you think that list is from a fund?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

mynameislame, Good question!

On closer look, it appears that these might be outright holdings.

I think I jumped to the conclusion it was a detailed listing of the holdings in a mutual fund from the Fidelity account listed at the top of page 26.

That would make it even more egregious that they continue to hold positions in individual equities from which they could easily divest themselves.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Is there any way to out right connect this trust fund to the wbts? Also a few years ago people were making a stink about this fund having stocks in Ramcam and Phillip Morris, now these companies are not listed. This may show that they do indeed have control over this fund after all. Just the fact that they except the money proves their evil. My father after joining the cult had to quit working for Boeing. We went from a middle class family to a poor family thanks to this cult. This also led to my father's early death.
  • JeffT
    JeffT

This tax return is not for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. It is for a trust, of which the Watchtower is a beneficiary. I have some personal experience with trusts, the following is based on that knowledge.

A trust is a separate legal entity over which a trustee, in this case the WTBS, has no control. The trust is managed by a Trust Officer who is required by law to whatever the trust document tells him to do with the money. The beneficiary can, I suppose make suggestions, I don't believe the trust officer has to follow them; he certainly doesn't if they conflict with what is in the trust document.

I googled the address on the Form 990. It is for the trust department of a Comerica Bank in Detroit. This is just one of who knows how many trusts they handle. Comerica is a large financial services corp, I can't see any direct connection to the WTBS.

So what we have here is some rich lady who set up a trust fund, which is directed to make money for the WTBS, an operation over which the WTBS has no control.

• steve2
    steve2

The OP draws far too long a bow and misses the mark by a country mile.

It is akin to saying that your taxes support activities that are in violation of your religious and moral scruples.

Some clever dick comes along and demonstrates that an infinitesimal zero percent of your tax dollar supports (for example) "unchristian" activities - and you hypocrite, how can you sleep soundly at night knowing this?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

They have no control but they can see what the fund is made of. I believe the argument here is not wether they intentionally benefit from questionable investments. The argument is wether they check were major donation are coming from. If I donated 20 million after winning the lottery, no one would question where I got it from. If I told them I was going to play the lottery with the intention of donating half of whatever I made, I would be asked to the backroom. If I took money from a shady deal which may have involved fraud or violence, not asking where the money came from is not an option for me as a regular R&F member. If I get caught in the latter, I would most certainly be DFd.

Sure I agree a lot of people have a wishful thinking. They want to catch the WT taking on blood money. This sure can be qualified as blood money, not by us, but by their own definition.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    JeffT, Good points. Can the beneficiary of a trust account sell? I suppose it depends on how the trust was originally set up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit