Celebrate with me!!!

by silentlambs 9 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

today marks a milestone in what we are trying to accomplish. today marks over 2000 hits to silentlambs website. we can now say honestly, thousands have visited www.silentlambs.org
    i had suspected that there would be interest in this topic but i believe much more will be accomplished. it is gratifying to hear the comments so many times, "i thought i was the only one" no longer, not one more day. i like to think many can start their healing process by learning to speak out and tell others. silentlambs is a good place to start that process. the speaking out has just started. in mid-may toll free 877-wtabuse will be up and running. its purpose? 1. to give victims a place to start. 2. to provide a collection point for information that proves this issue. 3. to provide referance to counseling and help with molestation issues.

fighters against children will not prevail.....do you think i could work that into a talk? think about it wt, think about it real hard.

if anyone would like to assist in this effort please let me know and we will try and find a place for you. thanks for all the kind support and words of encouragement. this problem is so real, the victims make it so important for something to be done to make this right. so tonight tip a glass to silentlambs for coming so far and having much to be thankful for.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Congratulations Silentlambs!!!

I'm sitting here right now with a glass of wine and I do raise it to you for all you have done to make this horrendous crime known to all.

I joined this forum a month ago as a non-active non-associating JW. I, for one, had no idea this kind of problem even existed in the org.

A couple of years ago when my husband (non-jw) suggested that the org. could easily harbour perverts, I was incensed at the thought of that. Never!! never could that happen in the only true religion!!!

What an eye-opener this forum, freeminds, and your website has been. Thank you so much for helping me to "see" without blinders.

Thank you so much too for what your fight has accomplished in helping the victims to not be plagued with guilt and pain and suffering any longer at the hands of their attackers and those who would protect those sick perverts in the name of protecting the "good name of the org."

I hope this will also be a step in the right direction for the molestors, to get the proper help instead of hiding behind the skirts of the org. (if that helps them....I don't know enough about the psychology of the sickness to know what is help or even if any help is possible)

Sorry....I only meant to say thanks

Cheers (raising my glass)
    Had Enough

• orbison
    orbison

i had a very close friend, a sister, who lived on texada island,near vancouver island bc, had only a pop of 100 on the island.

there was a man studying, convicted pedophile, which she was warned about by the elders privately,,,,she has three adorable children, she had no problem with her children being around him as he was studying,,,i was so appalled(sp) i could not believe it,,but is a fact

• riz
    riz

Congratulations Silentlambs! ((((()))))

You are a hero. Thank you for putting forth all of your time and effort to see that justice is served for the children.

We are all looking forward anxiously to the Dateline episode!

riz
    (p.s. I love my candles. )

Insanity in individuals is something rare- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule. - Nietzsche

• sf
    sf

Dear Mr. Bowen,

{{{{{{mr.bowen}}}}}} Thank you so much for EVERYTHING!

And please, you do have people hard at work every single day, directing hundreds of ppl to your site and investigators site.
    You really would not believe how many ppl venice and i talk to and get to actually go here and to your site to read this. We ask everyone of them too to plz send out the press pkt to their local news. We are hard at work to sir, count on us 100%!

A question...for those with no internet access or tv, will there be a transcripted video and/or audio of the DATELINE story, so that i can take it to those in my community and show it to them? Also, i plan on doing something in my community like gathering them in a community hall and showing the video. Anything to make sure EVERYONE sees it. Any other suggestions?

Scally...raising her glass, but saving the spumonti for the Motherlode

Bill, we love you sir!

• teejay
    teejay

Brother Bowen,

it is sooo good that the stand you took is meeting with such
    success! hopefully the real measure of success is in
    the Society's revising its policy of how known pedophiles are
    treated in the Kingdom Halls. as i don't attend the meetings
    (and wouldn't be privy to closed elders meetings if i did), it's
    hard to know if the heat you have caused is producing any
    positive effects.

still, the good thing is that the word is out and more of us
    are aware of what goes on, and those charged with the
    responsibility of caring for the flock have been faced with the
    challenge of making a personal stand. i have deep admiration and
    respect for what you have done. you have made your mark
    in the history of the organization and a thunder, heard now
    off in the distance, is sure to be heard full force in the near
    future.

peace and God's blessings to you and your family.

here's to you <raising a glass of the bubbly>,
    todd

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Get bent Bill Bowen!

• Defender
    Defender

Can anyone tell me when is DATELINE scheduled to air?

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

can we get bumper stickers to place on the doors of Kingdom halls?

for the 877-wtabuse

• unanswered
    unanswered

congratulations, silentlambs!!

i admire the work you are doing so much. hopefully the WT will finally have to take some action towards prevention, and stop down-playing the problem. cheers-nate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit