What would you do if the Society Declares Bankruptcy

by Quarterback 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Special Pioneers let go

Bethel workers laid off

Construction halts, what's next? What does it all mean?

Evidently there is some panic to warrant all these drastic measures. Is the Society in the red ink? Can they file for Bankruptcy. How does that fit into the end of days prophecy? Will the Society find someway to spin a scripture to enforce tithing?

• cognac
    cognac

Would would I do?

Come on here and make fun of them, lol.

All joking aside, I'd try to support those leaving as much as possible.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    First off, they won't, but to play all, if they did, I'd party like it's 1999! Then I'd tell my wife who's in 100%, "I told you so!"
  • cognac
    cognac

I think there's at least another 175 mil per year they can cut back on. I.e., letting missionaries and SP's go.

There's probably another 500 mil in real estate they can sell before they r&f start noticing there's a major problem going on.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Wakeup because i would know it was a too good to be true dream
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    What it means is that the GB and the few left remaining will use all the money coming in from the congregation promises and banks to live in luxury, traveling the world first class, first class hotels, restaurants, etc, while giving occasional talks and publishing everything online and having everybody print their own literature.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I expect it.

I really think they are moving funds & assets around from one "charity" corp to another, so the corporations that might be held liable in future lawsuits will be officially "bankrupt".

The seven goofballs are not making the financial decisions. There are some smart folks "pulling the strings".

(Plus, don't you know that Jehovah is guiding things?)

Doc

• Actigall Ur
    Actigall Ur
    Well, it is possible but they still have a lot of assets so they'd restructure first and soon but I'd venture to say that most R&F JW's won't know a thing about it. Their cash burn rate was growing exponentially while growth has stalled to 0% which means less income, so they had to make drastic cuts. I'd tell everyone of you guys to go out to your local hall where nobody knows you, pretend to be some interested person, order all the literature you can and bibles, ask for a bible study and then drown them in questions about 607 BCE, child abuse scandals, UN membership and other things. Those listening around you will begin to do their own research. Plus, we all need to do our part in making lots of noise about the child abuse scandals. Write you congressman. Call every newspaper you know and have them investigate. Get a class action lawsuit going. Get off your assses and do something! I know I am!
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Spring for a nice single malt scotch.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

I'd raid their archives. I would buy up rare items and digitize them. Post links online. Expose the raw history, unsanitized, for the whole world to see. Donate the originals to the NY public library or another public institution.

How much would I be willing to spend? 'bout tree fiddy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit