Recent random highlights: Disrespect, Hypocrisy & Creature Worship

by neat blue dog 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Just some clips from recent articles.

In the one about holidays:

Rosh Hashanah. This is the first day of the Jewish year. In ancient times, this festival featured special sacrifices offered to God.

They say that Jewish holidays are wrong because Christians are no longer under the Mosaic Law. So why, then, did Paul say that Jews could continue observations for their conscience, and that no one should judge about this?

Also in that article:

Holidays that honor a ruler or other notable figure. “For your own sakes,” the Bible states, “quit trusting in mere man, who is only the breath in his nostrils. Why should he be taken into account?” (Isaiah 2:​22) Thus, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not, for example, celebrate a sovereign’s birthday.

So what about the scripture that says to give honor to 'those who call for such honor'?

Now onto the GB's never-ending double standards:

Do people in general like to have their equals tell them how to live or which moral values to live by? Do people like others to dictate how they should view such things as abortion or capital punishment or how they should discipline their children? These are just some of the issues that divide people. So, humbling though it might be, what the Bible says makes sense. We simply do not have the ability or the moral authority to rule over our fellow humans.

Enough said. That is the very essence of what the GB does. I guess there is a qualifier involved, because they said nobody like their "equals" to dictate their morals, so the GB doesn't consider themselves to be the R&F's equals.

And last but not least, this repulsive 'gem' from a life story:

My parents had nine children, naming their firstborn Rutherford after the then president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. When I came along on December 30, 1922, I was named after Clayton J. Woodworth, editor of The Golden Age (now Awake!).

Sounds like a delightful family 😐

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That third quote about people not liking when others rule over them is just so... on the nose. The writer(s) can't be that blind, can they? Or are they projecting hardcore?

• tiki
    tiki

Well....hypocrites...not have moral authority to rule over fellow humans??? Then why are those dudes in upstate New York doing exactly that? And sorry...but if the 9 kid names is supposed to be glory grabbing it really flies in the face of the idea of worshipping humans....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Frankly, the theological hoops and semantic pretzel-twisting the WTS goes through just to justify its own existence is downright gobsmacking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit