Lights

by Drudge 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Drudge
    Drudge

I know some Jehovah Witness that have a yard full of lights, that they put on at night time. But when Xmas comes around they don't light them up! Of course, because they don't want their neighbors to think they believe in Xmas. Isn't this wrong?

Drudge

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Everything is about outward appearances and how other people will perceive it.

If they have the lights all year round, they are drawing MORE attention to themselves for not having them on at Xmas time!

• Sabin
    Sabin

Hello Drudge, it`s so nice to meet you. Welcome to the forum. Xmas lights a, that`s hilarious. I know JDub`s that get up 4 in the morn on xmas day to get their spot on the beach so they can spend all day in amongst the worldles. I know JDub`s who have xmas at other times of the year just so their spoilt little darlings don't miss out on anything & believe me these kid`s get so much more than the worldly kid`s get. Shower parties where the only thing that is missing is the birthday cake. Where I live everything is about the showy display of ones means of life & what it looks like to others wether worldly or no.

• Drudge
    Drudge
    Hello Sabin. Yes I am new on this site. Who is JDub's? So JW's do have Xmas but no on Dec 25?
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Every day is Xmax day in JW world. Yes the lights should be on year round. I keep my lights in Dec. The days are shorter at that time of year. I like to display my lights on my Snow Man. I have two fake Polar Bears in the Back yard. My wife is worried about the message that it sends, but who's the boss?
  • Simon
    Simon
    Who is JDub's

W = Dub = double-ya (like George "dubya" bush

So JW = JDub or "the dubs"

• Sabin
    Sabin

Thank you Simon. Drugde, you will find lot`s of letter`s being used to shorten things on this forum, I often struggle to work out what the heck people are talking about, it`s good to get in a habit of asking some-one will always explain for you.

So what brings you here, or are you the same as a lot of us, incognito?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Hi Drudge. Welcome here. Tell us a little about yourself.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    I am one of those people who likes lots of lights in garden all year round. But come Christmas when everyone else is putting up their Christmas lights my husband (jw) takes them down!
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Welcome! Perhaps they practice UnChristmas', like Alice's Womderland had unbirthdays?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit