Armagedden 2003

by Phil 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phil
    Phil

Does anyone know what the WT is teaching or trying to teach when this "end" is coming? I believe that they have given up the practice of giving dates.

• ballistic
    ballistic

2 things: IT WAS ALWAYS SOON

and IT WAS ALWAYS WHEN YOU WOULDN'T EXPECT IT

2 other things:

IT WAS ALWAYS WHEN YOU SAW WARS IN ONE PLACE AFTER ANOTHER

and according to the bible,

IT WAS JUST WHEN THEY DECLARE PEACE AND SECURITY

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I had an online chat a while back with a JW who thought that 2005 might be a good date for Armageddon, based upon three different lines of (very shaky) reasoning. You can read about it over here.

The weird part is, when i chatted with this guy, I thought he was a "lone nut," but after I posted the essence of his argument, several others said they had heard similar statements from other JW's. So, this may be going around the organization as a new date for the Big One, at least unofficially.

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

While it is written that "no one but the Father knows the day and the hour", however, Michael Drosnin, the author of "Bible Code II: Countdown to Armageddon", states that the Bible code has the phrase "End of Days" encoded with the Hebrew Year for 2006 and "atomic holocaust". The Armageddon is one of "atomic holocaust" starting in New York or Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.

This event is preceded by a smallpox plague in 2005. This is also encoded in the book. (Go to a local book store, get a mug of Joe, and you can read the chapter for yourself - it is a quick read, and save the $25.)

Now, whether you put stock in this or not, well, that's an individual matter. It is pretty fascinating stuff, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit