Evolution is a Fact #1 - Protein Functional Redundancy

by cofty 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty

Thank you ILoveTTATT2.

I tend to review topics in multiple sources and then try to write it up as succinctly as possible. TalkOrigins is an excellent resource. I think I mostly used Dr Zachery Moore's podcast transcript for this one but he does refer to TalkOrigins.

If every animal had identical amino acid sequences in their cytochrome C proteins that would be consistent with creation. If they all had unique sequences that would be helpful to creationism as well. The evidence for evolution is that the degree of difference can accurately be predicted by the closeness of evolutionary relationship of species. That is very powerful evidence.

• Je.suis.oisif

Cofty, I said I've learned a valuable lesson, and that means looking into subjects and becoming better informed. I want to also develope critical thinking abilities. I'm going to show respect and appreciation for your series of evolution facts. Starting with No1. Thank you

• Fencing

That's one of the most fascinating things about watching Creationists "debate". And I've seen this replicated across all kinds of other venues and forums. They rarely ever will stick to one topic and debate it. They'll throw random nonsense around ("I didn't evolve from no rock!"), and when someone tries to get them to focus and discuss a specific objection, they jump all over the place and do everything possible to avoid discussion.

James Brown is a PRIME example of this, in this very thread. When pressed to express what, exactly, his argument against the specific subject is, he runs away, spams the thread with multiple hours of videos that don't even address the subject, and throws out more red herrings than a fishing trawler dropping off its catch.

It's almost like they're afraid to debate rationally...

Share with others