Evolution is a Fact #1 - Protein Functional Redundancy

by cofty 291 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Brown
    James Brown

I wouldn't interpet the data on the original post.

Because evolution believing we came from a rock and a common ancestor is ridiculous.

I can not entertain such nonsense.

When you talk about evolution you are not making sense.

You don't know what you are talking about.

You cant explain what you are talking about.

And I cant understand you.

People go to years of schooling to be brainwashed and stupid enough to believe in evolution and even attempt to argue it.

But even the great Dawkins will not take on the lowly high school science math teacher Kent Hovind.

Its all on the videos

Everyone owes it to themselves to watch

Dawkins has taken on more than one religious representative of the church.

But he takes on people that are much lamer than Hovind,

He takes on people that do not have the education and ability to express scientific truths that Hovind has.

He has taken on numerous creationist and has a record of doing so. But he wont take on Hovind.

He knows if he does his book selling lecturing empire comes crashing down.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    But it's equally foolish not to acknowledge that all statements are subject to revision, including scientific ones. History is replete with examples. We don't need to be experts in evolutionary biology to know that.

Slimboyfat, let me put in the first revision. Just because information gets refined and knowledge expanded, it does not mean that old information becomes totally invalid. Newton is just as valid today as three hundred years ago. Sure its been refined, but it has not been discarded. Darwin made many conjectures about evolution, and he has turned out to be more right than wrong on many occasions.

• cofty
    cofty
    Because evolution believing we came from a rock and a common ancestor is ridiculous - James B

For the sake of argument let's allow the possibility that god created the first living thing. We will call her LUCA

This series of threads is about presenting the evidence that every species then evolved from LUCA through evolution.

You cant explain what you are talking about

Actually I can.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

C'mon JAMES BROWN. . . .

Get on the good foot! (brought to you by programmed cell death)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DAfBZbz3tI

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

evolution believing we came from a rock and a common ancestor is ridiculous

Nobody's saying we came from a rock. Forget about rocks.

But why is a common ancestor ridiculous?

Again, you accept that wolves and dogs share a common ancestor, right?

So, why not all organisms?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    But even the great Dawkins will not take on the lowly high school science math teacher Kent Hovind.

You know Ken Hovind has absolutely nothing to lose by boasting he will debate Dawkins.

Who is Kent Hovind? A tax evading convict who spews a lot of nonsense.

Dawkins can only damage his reputation by debating Hovind. Not because he has anything to fear, he has debated much more cogent opponents. By debating Hovind he automatically gives him some form of credibility. Why do that at all?

But you know who has taken up the challenge? YouTube's Aaronra.

He has publicly challenged Hovind to a debate anywhere and anytime. And Hovind knows this very well and is very quiet.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

I stand corrected: Aaronra won't debate him either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKw8K7o-vwY

So I wonder who I was thinking of...

• James Brown
    James Brown

Saintberholdt:

If you have watched all of Hovinds videos and believe in evolution.

I don't want to discuss anything with you.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Loveunihate exams

If you believe in evolution you believe you came from a rock.

If you believe in evolution and don't believe you came from a rock you do not know what

you believe.

You need to watch the videos.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    I don't want to discuss anything with you.

Oooooooh. So if Cofty watches all the videos and still supports evolution you would also have nothing to discuss as well I guess? So isn't your challenge deceptive?

I'll tell you this, if you read an agreed on serious book on the subject of evolution and you were still a creationist, I would be tickled pink to discuss it with you.

So why won't you discuss Hovind after I actually did the work?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit