2015. Annual meeting

by obarac 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

607 B.C.E. is also mentioned in the new OD book on page 108:

David’s son Solomon built a house, or temple, for God’s glory. (1 Ki. 9:3) After that temple was destroyed in 607 B.C.E., the Jews arranged to meet in buildings called synagogues to worship God.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

That whole Our Christian Life and Ministry Sample Meeting video is full on 700 Club stuff!

• bohm
    bohm

okay the new book reads like a childrens book (short sentences, small vocabulary, simple grammatical constructions). A random sample:

The demons trick people in many ways. When people contact the demons they do it either directly or through someone else, such as a witch doctor or a psychic. Contact with the demons is called demonism or spiritism. But the Bible commands us to stay far away from anything that has to do with the demons. (Galatians 5:19-21) Why? Just as a hunter uses a trap to catch animals, the demons use tricks to trap and control people.

is this really what a book for adults is supposed to read?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I was blown away by the fact that at the "sample meeting" everyone was using an iPad or similar tablet device!

Watch from about 2:00" - 2:30"

• bohm
    bohm
    That brother doing the presentation of the new meeting, he looks like he once heard someone say that his eyes were opened to the TATT and thought to himself: "I am going to make sure that never happens to me".
  • RobertT18
    RobertT18
    So there won't be no more book study or this is just to replace the ministry school?
  • rege  brazzy
    rege brazzy
    THE MEETING IS UP! WHO ATTENDED ??? WHO CAN MAKE A RESUME ?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Bohm: is this really what a book for adults is supposed to read?

Clearly not.

For those interested in a calculated grade level analysis of the NEW "Bible Teach" book, see this thread:

The NEW "Bible Teach" book

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

rege brazzy, why don't you:

1. Read the entire thread, and
    2. STOP POSTING IN ALL CAPS!
  • RobertT18
    RobertT18
    Can someone clarify on my question regarding the book study? Please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit