Iraq!!!....Will JW's go to where the 'need is greatest' after the war?

by digderidoo 9 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

After Iraq has been invaded/liberated.....Will congregations begin to sprout up? At the end of the cold war the witnesses increased their numbers in the Eastern bloc quite dramatically from what i remember.

Will the same happen in Iraq?

Who will go to 'spread the good news'?....How many will say 'here i am send me'?

Not many i assume......

Dig

• Matty
    Matty

Not many, but a few I reckon...

Well, if they ever have total freedom to preach there, which I very much doubt no matter what the outcome, I'm sure there will be Witnesses that would love to go there and have massive amounts of studies. There are about a million Christians in Iraq, and so there are many Witnesses in western lands that speak Arabic or Kurdish and would like a name for themselves and get into a yearbook by trying to convert all of them! Trying to convert Muslims is a tough business though as we all know - why would anyone want to join a small crazy cult when you are a member of the worlds most insane brainwashing cult - no real competition there.

• Realist
    Realist

matty,

islam is a cult compared to christianity?

digderido,

they might be able to conver a very few iraqi christians and thats about it. just look how many JWs there are in the other muslim nations.(one almost has to thank islam for keeping people away from dubdom! )

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Witnesses have never done very well in predominantly Muslim countries. The "Chaldean" minority is Orthodox Christian, IIRC, so they might have a chance at converting a few of them, but I doubt it.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Interesting question and seeing how JWs take seriously the preaching of the Good News worldwide, the answer would have to be YES. They will make every effort possible to get into the country ones it's politically stable and preach the good news. Although it is difficult to witness to Muslims, it's not an impossible task. Recently missionaries from Japan have been invited to serve in Blangladesh and that campaign is going very well.

• Adam
    Adam

Ohh, I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, that area has enough religious extremists already and doesn't need any more. On the other hand, extremists of the JW kind don't committ suicide bombings against innocent people. Lesser of two evils I guess. Lets hope Bill Gates goes over there and converts them all into secular entrepreneurs.

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, SwordOfJah, as the work in Bangladesh is not banned by the govenment it makes life a little easier for the missionaries. They have their work cut out there though, the publisher to public ratio is currently running at 1ΒΌ million to one.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Isn't Jehovah supposed to be able to read hearts? So he will be able to judge people based on what is in their hearts.

So this is a moot point. The Creator is supposed to be the Father of all mankind, he doesn't need an "evangelical" group (or publishing society, ahem) that skews his Word to go in to a Middle Eastern country and confuse them some more.

• Adam
    Adam

But Gopher, you forget. Every single last living person on the earth must have a chance to hear and reject the true word from the humble Witnesses before Jehovah can brutally murder 99% of humanity. So the "work" MUST go into the Middle East.

• Francois
    Francois

You guys are missing the main point here I think. There is a war on and just after that war is over, there's not going to be any spare shekels, talents, pennies, or other legal tender or medium of exchange. Now you know as well as I do that the JWs aren't going to have anything to do with that. No money, no preachee.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit