What is your purpose or what do you wish to accomplish while a member of this board?

by Tenacious 36 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I have been out of the Borg for so long that it's mostly just a distant memory for me. It is fun to relive experiences that I have in common with so many on here and I learn a great deal from this site. For instance, had it not been for this site I never would have known about the new light on the overlapping generations nonsense. If I didn't still have family trapped in I would probably never have found this site and wouldn't find visiting so compelling. It really was fluke finding it for me!
  • jhine
    jhine

As a never a JW but someone who has studied the Bible , whenever I came across Witnesses I realised how skewed the teaching was . I came here to learn more and find out how best to " counter Witness "

Rip how sad that you USED to have friends here . Is no one your friend anymore ?

Jan

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

jhine,

CoCo is my friend here and outside of this forum.

Some others are no longer here.

One or two I see on fb.

• jhine
    jhine

rip , though you may not get to mix with us outside of the forum you have lots of friends on here .

Jan

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

I came here because I hate the damn cult and it's devout zombies - what they did to my sister, what they do to people and I love reading accounts of good people waking up and all the dirt under the shiny mudguard which gets exposed here.

Now though my reason for being a member has long since outgrown that. This forum is loaded with some great minds, good pleople and quality education far beyond the JW sphere and religion. If someone told me how much I would learn from the people on this forum in the few months I've been a member here I would have laughed. Even though there are personalities and views on this forum which sometimes clash, I find it makes for an interesting (even if sometimes annoying) opportunity to get see inside the mimds of others while at the same time creating a sort of "realistic" feel to the membership - I don't know if you know what I mean by that. Despite disagreements and a few hot-headed postings I think everyone here is genuinely compassionate or empathetic.

It's been fun learning so much and getting to know all the personalities and to me it feels like I am beginning to see them as a sort of online family. I don't even comment on reddit anymore because the conversation there will never be as real as it is here.

• DJS
    DJS

Tenacious,

Great OP. Thanks. I wish everyone would understand why they are here. Stuff I've said before: I was out 20 years before joining this site or any like it (other than about 3 months around the turn of the century). I hit the ground running after exiting the Dark Tower and haven't looked back. I didn't come onto this site seeking support or to keep up with the Kardashians, I mean Dark Lords.

The only reason I'm here is because I'm egocentric and narcissistic enough to think that I have something to offer my former ex-brothers and sisters. But I rarely start OPs; I'm not here to show off, even though some of you think otherwise. And I don't enter OPs where I'm not a SME or where I can't contribute.

I've accomplished a lot in the past two decades plus, so much that it's all kinda sorta surrealistic when I look in my rear view mirror. Some of it was planned; some of it was Forrest Gumping my way to excellent adventure; and some of it was turning the raw hatred and anger I felt towards the Dark Lords into rocket fuel. And I really have only just begun. I wish I could transfer/translate some of what I've learned to this site, but people don't really change and the same closed mindset is apparent too often, sadly. Although my objectives are noble, I don't really belong here.

But that is why I'm here.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Sojo16 wrote:

but it's only in the past two years that I've really processed what an extraordinary hold this organization had on my life and how i view myself

This is very, very true. That hold is what keeps so many trapped.

The WTS is sinister and now that I've seen what they are trying to do with children and baptism, that speaks volumes. They are trying to trap the next generation so other zombie members can see the "growth" that Jehovah is causing. What a farce!!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ DJS

Your input is always appreciated no matter your beliefs.

• DJS
    DJS

Tenacious,

I try not to have any beliefs. Beliefs are for Feelers, Perceivers and the Confirmationally Biased, which is the primary reason I don't belong.

But thank you. Again, great OP.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Good for venting and also finding people going through the same JW struggle.

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit