The updated Organized book

by Richard_I 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

The updated Organized to Do Our Will book is now up. I just skimmed through it very quickly and I think they are more lenient on reporting time now (p. 76):

There are essential activities for which time is not counted, such as getting ready for field service, attending the
    meeting for field service, running errands, and so forth. Each publisher must follow his Bible-trained conscience
    when prayerfully determining what constitutes a witnessing period. Some publishers preach in densely populated areas, whereas others work territories where there are few inhabitants and considerable travel is required. Territories differ; publishers differ in the way they view their ministry. The Governing Body does not impose its conscience on the worldwide congregation as to how time spent in field service is to be counted, nor has anyone else been appointed to make a judgment in this matter.—Matt. 6:1; 7:1; 1 Tim. 1:5.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Yes, I read that too, Rich. I also read that both parents are allowed to each count 1 hr for FS during Family worship with unbaptized kids. Before only one parent was allowed to do this
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Whatever it takes to get those hours up.
  • username
    username
    But it is also very totalitarian, Read the section on discipline!
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu

Roles of men and women (also children):

Page125:

Brothers should take particular interest in the home and its surroundings, knowing that a tidy yard and well-kept home make a favorable impression on others. This, along with their taking the lead in spiritual matters, is an indication that family heads are presiding well over their own household. (1 Tim. 3:4, 12) Sisters too have a responsibility to care for things, especially inside the home. (Titus 2:4, 5) Well-trained children do their part in keeping themselves as well as their rooms neat and clean.
  • sir82
    sir82

Woo-hoo! Starbucks time = service time.

"Territories differ" - it just so happens that in my territory, the local culture is to spend 2 or 3 hours in a coffee shop on a Saturday morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit