Top three reason for it to be cult and/or not the true religion.

by Powermetal4ever 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

Alright, I want everyone to list your top three reasons for JW to be cult and/or not the true religion. Like this:

1.You can't look, or wear whatever you want.

2. Blah

3. Blah

Bad example I know, but you get the point.

• Heaven
    Heaven

From Steven Hassan's B.I.T.E model (Behavoir, Information, Thought, and Emotional) of control, the JW's hit all 4 of these categories.

Their policies on shunning, medical treatments, higher education, their restrictions on books, videos, movies, the internet, their sexual restrictiveness, and denigration and hatred of anyone who is not a witness are all indications the group is a high mind control organization.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

1. Shunning.

2. Superiority complex, judging all other religions and people adversely - including eachother!!

3. Dogmatism/legalism on anything from blood to birthdays, putting themselves between their followers' consciences and God.

plus - LYING about all of the above, EG:

1. "We are the most loving people on earth, we love families, we help to unite families"(but if you dare disagree with us, kiss your family goodbye)

2. "We would be presumptuous to say that" (didn't you say that many times over?). "We are not the judge, Jehovah is the judge" (but if your not in our organization, the modern day ark, you're gonna be charred hotdogs on a spit for the birds to eat)

3. "We are not dogmatic, every individual has a choice" (but if you take that choice know that you're going to lose all your friends and family and we'll label you mentally diseased)

now what's not to like?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Something that I feel is very culty is how JWs will attempt (and in the case of converts succeed) to do is alter a persons perception of reality. They essentially teach the flock to reject reality and substitute it with their own.

Also when JWs talk it makes my brain hurt.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Question anything openly at your peril!

(as nicely demonstrated by the Britain Branch Bethelite who asked me, "Where are you calling from?")

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

1. Jesus mediatorship only applying to 'some Christians'

2. High control eg Men are frowned upon for choosing to grow a beard.

3. Extreme shunning.

I could mention far more, but will no doubt be covered in this thread

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

1) Their practice of shunning, which breaks up families and causes severe harm to some, including suicides. Showing no mercy or concern for those who have mental issues or other problems, being more concerned with punishment than healing or care.

2) Their glorification of ignorance by insisting the bible is literal, and that we didn't evolve, despite the mountain of scientific evidence that we did, also their ridiculous restrictions on higher education.

3) Pretending they know when Armageddon will come, despite multiple failed predictions in the past, convincing people to make life changing decisions based on those predictions, then refusing to take any responsibility for it. Doctrine flip flops, especially the generation doctrine, which has been redefined to the point of being absurd.

• clarity
    clarity
    The oddest thing, is that talking about their religion from door to door is mandatory ....and yet there is an unwritten rule that it must not be discussed amongst themselves. If you try it ... right away you get the "deer caught in the headlights" look!
  • Perry
    Perry
    But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Gal. 1: 8

Claiming that Jesus is Mediator for only the 144K in Revelation was an unknown "gospel" to the apostles; therefore according to the bible they are an accursed people.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Going along with Perry the gospel was the good news of Christ 1 corinthians chapter 15, to profess any thing other then the goods news, that's he's the messiah raised from the dead etc. Is blasphemy. This is all the proof one needs to be sure they are not the true religion of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit