Your Mortality and JW relatives

by ColdRedRain 1 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Aroound Thanksgiving, discovered a little lump in the back of my mouth. It was preceeded by a little black spot on the roof of my mouth that quickly spread throughout the roof, and then receeded back to that little black spot. I went to the doctor as soon as I saw the lump in the back of my mouth. They said it wasn't serious, even though it grew by %300.

I went to the doctor again about the lump. They gave me an unsatisfactory and inane diag. of the spot and the lump. They said the spot was due to my dark skin color and it didn't have to do with the fact that I smoked cheap cigarettes around the time the black spot appeared. (Tip for you smokers, DO NOT SMOKE WINNERS!) They didn't even give a required biopsy of the lump to see if it's cancerous.

Recently, the side where the lump is started to give me some pain. The area of the pain ranges from my eyeball to my right jaw to my right sinus by my eyes. I'm going to see the doctor this week to get myself checked out properly, biopsy and all.

My parents are now harping me, telling me "You know, if you obeyed Jehovah's laws against smoking, you wouldn't have had that problem." and "You're not going to get a resurrection because you turned on Jehovah."

It's depressing.

I want to know, has anybody else had this thought or had their JW relatives do that to you when you thought somehting was wrong?

• Solace
    Solace

Rain,

I have had medical issues where my uneducated JW family has gotten involved, like they knew what they were talking about and have either tried to, or have caused problems for me and people I've known.

I know its hard, but try not to feel guilty and take care of yourself.

Get professional opinions on your condition, and get well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit