The war in Iraq

by Rick_A 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Rick_A
    Rick_A

Does anyone think this is prophetic? Is it biblical?

• blondie
    blondie

Which prophecy are you thinking of, Rick? What do you think? Have other people already presented their viewpoint that you can share here?

Blondie

• Rick_A
    Rick_A

Jer. 50 and Isa. 13

• Brummie
    Brummie

Do you think the 1st WW was prophetic? 2nd WW? Gulf? Falklands? Horishma? 9/11? Afghanistan? Kosovo? Vietnam? .....

Its hard to know whats prophetic sometimes isnt it?

Brummie

• heathen
    heathen

I tend to think of this conflict as the king of north and south in Daniel. My take however is that the US is the king of the north because it refers to the king of the north as having many ships and there is no other country with near as many as the US .I try not to expect everything that goes on in the world as having to do with something that is written in the bible but am convinced that it is possible.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Jeremiah 50 ............Just read it!

It was a Prophecy for Babylon.

The WT(Babble)TS teach it as a GREATER fullfilment..................Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

This Chapter read with an OPEN mind don't fit the present day, sorry!

Qwerty

Edited to say................I can see where you are coming from though, Biblicaly, not WT Societley!

Babylon and the King of the North etc;

• Rick_A
    Rick_A

Last time I looked Babylon was in Iraq. How can you be so sure this isn't present day. Don't forgt Isa 13 too.

Isa 13:4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.
    5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit