Just found out their about to baptise my 14 year old boy.

by Crazyguy 63 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Thanks for the advise please keep it coming. My son is truly immature and I think he's doing this because of pressure wanting to fit in etc. I have shared with him some ttatt, shared with him information about the Bible and the God of the Bible to be nothing more then myth. He has even made comments that seamed to indicate that the info was sinking in to his head. But because he's so immature he doesn't get the ramifications of anything.

He thinks he can do things that are forbidden by the Borg and it's no big deal for example he wanted me to buy fireworks this past July. He truly just doesn't get it, and hes telling both sides things each side wants to hear. Also please stop telling me to man up. I'm trying to save my family here. I pretty sure the wife was told months ago by the elders to leave me because I was sharing ttatt with this son. They the congragation has ganged up on me to paint me the bad guy and give the family lots of love bombing. Lies have been told, presentations have been give on stage, possibly marking talk all to ruin me.

I sat my family down and spoke to them 2 years ago about why I was quitting but for most small kids it goes in and out their heads and who is going to have the better influence me or their mother. Its me against the whole Borg here. We all know what that is like, we all want to help each other out but in the end it's still just us individually against one of the biggest cults in the world.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I agree. The "man-up" comments are uncalled for.

jwfacts advice seems very sound.

Also, seeking legal redress may drive a wedge between you and your wife, but this is your son's LIFE we're talking about here. It should be a last resort, but you should definitely consider it.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Let me ask you a question, how much time do you have before this event happens?
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated
    Take him on a father and son weekend trip and if you have the funds, invite Steve Hassan over for a visit. If not, gather ex-JWs in your area and have an intervention.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Crazyguy,

Your son sounds like he wants to please both you and his mother. Could he be very confused right now? It's awful they way WT is manipulating pre teens and teenagers.

When you speak with him highlight to him to really be honest with you about his feelings and say you respect his beliefs and choices, but want him to be honest with you. It's only from real openness and honesty can you get through to him.

I am sorry you are having to go through this.

Kate xx

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    From what I have gathered the event has been postponed because some of the family is going to be out of town. But I guess it was going to be soon this weekend or the next.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

First of all, since you are already out, contact the elders and tell them that they do not have the right to baptize your kids without your consent. Since they are clearly against you, in that context, it doesn't matter to add one more thing.

Second, get involved in a charity - food bank? And ask your son to join you. From what I can see at this point, you will win him only by example. So, get busy in charity and when he realizes that the JWs are all about words and very little actions, he will come around.

And be very good to your wife, make food, pick up after the house, tell her you love her. If on top of that, you get involved in charity... she'll have no options but to love you. If she doesn't ... its sad to say, but time for you to start a new life. Sure, easy to write.... hell of alot different to live it. So, what ever happens... my thoughts are sincerely with you!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Send a letter to the WT service department and copy it to the CO explaining how the local elders are undermining your God-given headship and alienating your own child from you.

If you can base it on the fact that you were baptized too young, or someone close to you was baptized too young and thus you are making what you consider to be the best and most responsible decision for your child.

Good luck

Doc

• steve2
    steve2

The more you oppose his baptism, the more you will increase its appeal.

Young ones are automatically drawn to idealism - and the JWs offer it in spades.

You may "win" the war but lose the battle.

• cognac
    cognac
    Ignore my dumb question. It was too early in the morning to handle life, apparently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit