The watchtowers view on Rape!!! must see

by Khaleesi 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

[Edited to note: Apolgies for multiple successive posts on this thread - attempts to edit were thwarted and what appeared to be edited was a new post instead!]

The modern secular enlightenment movement has exposed earlier religious writings (and thinking) as barbaric and lacking in any regard whatsoever for human rights, women's and children's in particular.

In a similar way, it has taken a secular commission of inquiry to expose the religiously primitive mentality permeating the JW and other religious organizations.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

When i was about 12 my father gave me the whole discourse about WTBT$ (meaning God's) view of rape. That unless I scream and fight till death I am guilty of fornication.

I was horrified and never really loved this Jehovah person the same again. The talk had it's desired effect though, it made a fearful and compliant child even more so.

BTW, my father waited until AFTER I was baptized to give me the talk!

• talesin
    talesin

If you are attacked, your best bet to disable your assailant (at close range) is to hit him in the throat. I carry my keys with a suitable large Swiss army knife which I can swing (unopened) - set of keys, your fist, anything. The attacker cannot breathe - literally - and will have to let you go.

This works every time, and easy to do. Be aware that this blow could be fatal.

xx

tal :sunglasses:

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's good to be prepared for any eventuality, Talesin.

Unfortunately, there are some, dangerous, pathetic excuses for men out there.

Be aware that this blow could be fatal - nothing wrong with this. If a sexual predator gets injured or dies, so what?

I'm absolutely 100% ok with rapists suffering fatalities after attempting to rape someone.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Hubby bought me a small container of pepper spray that attaches to my key chain. It is bright pink! I keep it visible wherever i go.
  • talesin
    talesin

LoveUniHatesExams - Agreed. Just thought folks should know how deadly that can be. This I learned from an ex, who was in the 82nd Airborne.

He also taught me 'don't bring a knife to a gunfight' , haha, true. but seriously. A knife can easily be taken away, especially by a larger, more powerful man. So if you must carry a knife, make sure it fits your smaller hand and can be easily wielded. Keep in mind that knife piercing skin, and meeting bone, may cause you to feel squeamish - even though your life may be in danger, you are NOT trained to do this - and you may freeze at the last moment because of this.

Another reason why the throat punch is a good idea. It doesn't feel 'icky'. Makes sense to me!

tal :sunglasses:

• talesin
    talesin

3rdgen - yep, and spray first, ask questions later! It's not legal here, but I have a can of 'bear spray' that I keep in my bag just in case I get attacked by a 'dog' ... the 2-legged kind! A purse-size can of aerosol hair spray works great, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit