any one know who's behind the "BOOKS NOT BOMBS" crowd?

by unclebruce 0 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day folks,

I've had a bit of a run in with some rabid anti-war folk. At uni the other day i went into the kitchen for a peaceful cup of coffee and was confronted by a wall plastered with NO WAR posters and such, so in the blink of an eye, i pulled them all down, put them in the bin and enjoyed my wake up brew

I have no particular axe to grind against anti-war people (i'm pretty much anti-war myself) but these people showed little respect for this beautiful building or the sanctity of ones being able to enjoy life without mindless slogans and propaganda being shoved in ones face. (even in the privacy of the dunny

The posters reappeared in minutes accompanied by a note addressed to "THE PERSON WHO REMOVED OUR POSTERS"

So, with my new found computing skills, I then knocked up a lovely reply, saying, amongst other things, "why don't you use the notice board like everyone else?" (how conservative am i getting in my dotage lol) I then signed my name to it pinned it up and left for the weekend.

On returing here Tuesday morning there wasn't a poster in sight! lol - My little notice had a big effect. In my absence their been some debate over my notice - the commerce students voted me to be an honory commerce student, the university administation remained silent on the issue and half my fellow arts students are avoiding now me like I had the plauge lol.

I must admit I'm quite amazed how one well crafted note from a cranky old uncle can set the protesters to flight. (it really is a small conservative society in this corner of Australia .. even the protesters are shy

Today I had a careful read of the NO WAR pamphlets and they sound very CIA to me. They urge students to band their freinds together, collect email address's and pass them onto the central organizing commitee etc... all very worrying stuff for an old fascist fighter like yours truly.

I intend finding out who's behind this campaign to organise and document the views and movements of our youth. Old communists or some mirky right wing group? - what do ya recon?

unclebruce

:::

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit