Just Learning

by Law 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Law
    Law

First off to everyone that has replied to my messages thank you it helped me understand more about your religion. I am a Catholic and wanted to learn more about this religion and my friend had told me to come here. So far I've learned alot more then I have had known before.
    If theres any information that you would like to tell me about just reply to this message. Do witnesses have anything against athletic trainers or lawyers?

• shorty
    shorty

hi i just want you to know that well on here you will hear both sides of the story some think that witnesses are well not the true religon but there are some witnesses like me in here but well you have to find out yourself how to take some comments. just take the info and deside if you want to listen to it. no w dont have problems with any people we think we ahould respect all types of types of gov.well i hope that helped!!

love

jules

• shorty
    shorty

hi i just want you to know that well on here you will hear both sides of the story some think that witnesses are well not the true religon but there are some witnesses like me in here but well you have to find out yourself how to take some comments. just take the info and deside if you want to listen to it. no w dont have problems with any people we think we ahould respect all types of types of gov.well i hope that helped!!

love

jules

• Law
    Law

Thanks Jules

• David2002
    David2002

Law,

This discussion group appears to be more of an Ex-Witness site, with only a few Witnesses. To get both sides I recommend the flwg. sites:

http://www.watchtower.org (JW official site)

http://www.jehovah.to (JW apologetics site)

http://www.geocities.com/yhwhbible/main.htm (JW apologetics site)

David

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

David, refreshing to read your straightforward comments. I'm new to this sort of thing and getting a buzz - have you found it productive?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow, Law hasn't been around since 2001. Do you think he/she will be back to read your comments, David?

From what I have seen, specific professions are not forbidden, but any career that requires an extended degree is not encouraged either. Anything that takes away from the preaching work is considered a waste of time. Would you agree with that statement, David?

• holly
    holly

Hello and welcome

I prefer to believe the jws - the thought of the wages of sin being death, is much more comforting than the catholic churches view of everlasting torment in a place called hell.

• AlanF
    AlanF

David2002, failing to note that he was responding to a two-year-old post, suggested looking at three websites "to get both sides". Well, anyone who visits those sites will quickly find that they say absolutely nothing about 95% of the criticisms directed at the Watchtower Society and JWs in general by members of this forum. Indeed, such failure to deal with criticism is a basic characteristic of the JW cult.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit