interesting article on JW's and shunning

by greven 9 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

check it out here

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    come back to their spiritual senses

So Brown says that 30,000 - 40,000 "come back to their spiritual senses"?? Really??? I wonder what it means to come to your "spiritual senses"??

Seems to me that the 30 to 40 thousand felt the absence of companionship and were unable to withstand the Borg because they hadn't carried out a "Search for Christian Freedom".

Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby
    Elders disfellowship 50,000 to 60,000 Witnesses around the world each year, Brown said.

I find that figure a bit low. I remember an article in the 70's or 80's that mentioned about 80,000 are disfellowshipped a year.....and most was due to immorality.

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

It would be interesting to see the real statistics. Imagine the fun you could have playing with Big Brother's Bethel computer -

I knew a sister who was disfellowshiped and re-instated 6 times - she liked men (a lot) I knew a brother who was baptised 3 times. I knew an Elder who 'went through' 4 wives. My sisters have been through more husbands than Elizabeth Taylor but always stayed one step removed from coping the big D. I wonder what the 'world records' are for these things? lol

uncle "just try and shun me ya bastards" bruce lol

ps: I also knew an old brother who chewed the same gum for 3 days and 4 nights.(he always stuck it behind his ear to sing or give talks at the Hall. I wonder what became of all those weird bastards we knew? I recon the truth's been blanderized. They all wear the same suits now and beat the same drum.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Blanderized! I get it! hahahahahahaha Bland - er - ized! The first bit of Australian humor that I understand.

• gumby
    gumby
    The first bit of Australian humor that I understand.

If UB is THE FIRST aussie you have understood.....your a damn einstein genius! I had to have the old bloke send me his own personal dictionary he made which defines his speech!

Gumby

• Maverick
    Maverick

Boy does this tick me off. I shouldn't read this stuff before my morning coffee! It was a good article, the Times has never been a 'fan' of the Witnesses. When I worked there I use to catch flak as a Dud.The J-dud masters do play fast and loose with the truth. The sad part is the RF see this as just more of Satan's persecution on their lily white, pure loving brothers in Brooklyn.

Hey unclebruce, you were trying to be funny??? Now I get it! Maverick

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH
    Elders disfellowship 50,000 to 60,000 Witnesses around the world each year, Brown said.

Seems to me, as 'fishers of men', they're sure pulling in a lot of carp!

• Gopher
    Gopher

This paragraph in the story says a lot:

"The excommunication announcement tells members to begin shunning that person. If they don't, they, too, risk being disfellowshipped. Fear of being disfellowshipped is gripping for many Witnesses. Because they believe that only Witnesses will be saved from death, many don't associate with non-Witnesses."

The key words in the above paragraph are FEAR and DEATH. JW's operate on the basis of fear. Enforced shunning whips people into a frenzy of fear.

Obviously the JW's aren't spiritually mature enough to decide who is and isn't good association. They must be told who to love and who not to love.

Such a loving arrangement.

• gumby
    gumby
    Seems to me, as 'fishers of men', they're sure pulling in a lot of carp!

Now that's a classic!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit