Paranoia after today's Watchtower

by Truthexplorer 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Boy oh boy did I feel paranoid at today's WT. Not only are we to watch our associations outside of the Congregation, but also watch our associations 'within' the Congregation. This was emphasised by the WT study conductor. It was as if he was saying just watch everyone brothers. BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like it's time to leave.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Once again this proves that there is NO SUCH THING as genuine and UNCONDITIONAL friendship amongst witnesses! At best, there is a paranoid CONDITIONAL form of limited friendship amongst jws.

It is not about UNITY, it is all about UNIFORMITY.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Even in the Christian congregation there may be an environment or association that is spiritually not most helpful. Some who recently came out of the world and symbolized their dedication to God by water baptism may tend to bring into the congregation something that still clings to them—a measure of worldliness. Let us remember that it was to a Christian congregation that the apostle Paul wrote: “In my [previous] letter I wrote you to quit mixing in company with fornicators, . . . But now I am writing you to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.”—1 Cor. 5:9-11.

This is a damning extract indeed.

Firstly it cruelly & selfishly recommends keeping away from new recruits who may really need Christian love & guidance.

Secondly it proves that disfellowshiping is not scriptural as Paul does not talk about forcing the 'idolator, drunkard,fornicatie, greedy person ' etc out of the cong but rarther to stop socializing closely with such people, actually not even shunning them as JW 's practice (ignoring).

They were busy looking after “orphans and widows in their tribulation”

I've yet to find a JW as individuals or congs who follow the direction of James and the 1st century Christians here.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

This paranoia could actually be used against the bOrg. Because everybody is to suspect everybody else then mention to one of the Elders the name of a specific person in the congregation, who you think is going to be the next to leave for apostasy.

You do not need to give any details, its just that you have a feeling, no more. You can do this if you attend meetings or not. If you do not go but are suspected of apostasy anyway what you say will have more weight.

This should really get the witch hunt going, and help some to wake up.

• Anator
    Anator

This was always a pet peeve of mine. The speaker is implying not to trust anyone! To watch each other in the congregation, to spy on each other. I have heard this before throughout the years. I don't think I read Jesus ever doing this in any of his sermons. HIs sermons started with 'Happy are the ones', and so on. Empowerment! If you don't empower your members they are bound to do wrong doing.

How can you do good or feel good about yourself, when the speaker implies "don't trust your brother/sister'? It's depressing! This proved to weaken my faith in the past. I remember saying to myself, why am I here?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I wonder how many just sat through it oblivious. You know, like Charlie Brown (Peanuts), sitting in class and his teacher is just saying 'wha wha whaaa wha.'
  • username
    username
    As has already been predicted, this is the noose getting tighter around the necks of the rank and file as more and more people wake up to the clear as day rubbish!
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Yup, dealt with this growing up also. We were considered " good association" so our parents pretty much was on us to make sure we don't associate with this one or that one because they weren't regular in service or the meetings, etc. And these kids were in our classes and lived on our block and we genuinely liked them. Awful thing to do to people, especially children.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

yep, it turned on my wifes cult mode.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    so--some of you guys still sit and absorb that garbage ? couldnt you do something more fulifilling---like watch the traffic lights change or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit