Birthday coming soon

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Your thoughts on this please.I am asking you coz I can never ever share this with the Jdubs.They will want me not to do this as it is "worldy association".

My birthday is coming soon.This is what I normally have done (not on my birthdays since i was

still PiMi then) in the past for days/ dates that are close to my heart and special/ even people

who are dear to me but have now passed away. (Sorry for the poor english.) For me personally birthdays do not account that important (have always had this view JW or not.) So this year I am including my birthday in my special day activities list. I have arranged to bake 2 big cake and some muffins,and take it all to an orphanage and share it ;spend half the day with the kids.

In the afternoon, i will be taking the second cake and muffins to an old age home and spend the afternoon volunteering there.I know quite a few people who work in the orphanage and old age home and who appreciate this help. It gives me so much joy to see the happy faces of young and old alike and I know that thiese actions of mine are 100% selfless acts.

I do some other things too for other special dates/days depending on what/who it is for.

This is just my way of giving back to the community/society/world.

Does anyone have any other ideas that I can use?

Zing

• Moster
    Moster

No - but I think what you are doing is amazing. Well done!!

• zeb
    zeb

Bake cakes for an orphanage and aged care.

What a selfless warm and wonderful idea. The kids will love it and the staff as well as they have a thankless task.

drop some into your immediate neighbours?

and have a big hug from me..

• Biahi
    Biahi

What! No spiritual food? I’m sure those orphans and elderly would rather have watchtowers, lol.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@Zeb

I do do other things for my neighbors round the street. Quite a few are getting on in years so the best way I think i can help them is by visiting them now and again and just having a cup of tea and chat.Thus I get to know if they need any help and then help them out. I have a small veg garden so I always make sure I take my veg's {cooked or uncooked} to them which is always appreciated.

Other times I just give them a call to ask if they need anything from the shops (as i am going too),and get it for them. I like to help where ohters get ignored or are not aware perhaps.I am still learning so much too from observing , spending time with them the difficulties,fears they have as they get older. They all know where to find me if they need any help.

@Biahi I leave the spiritual food to the Jdubs as usual.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thank you to all for reading and sharing your thoughts.

A group hug for all of you

Zing

• snakeface
    snakeface

Zing, what a great idea! So Christ-like! Enjoy it.

And...have the Happiest Birthday ever!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@ Snakeface

Thank you ,you are very kind.

I did have a ball.

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit