Why don't you do anything?

by WireRider 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WireRider
    WireRider

xjwsrock: a supporter - yes

I like the idea of a mass exodus - almost Biblical in nature. That's not really what I had in mind. Damage isn't really it - freedom. Freedom for people and more important of an anchor abuse - freedom for families.

I was thinking more of a movement. A little time to gather enough momentum to make a real difference. Bring everyone together. There are so many out there that can unify. Takes time. Needs a leader.

• WireRider
    WireRider

azor:

Maybe put out enough water and the horse may decide by itself to drink when it's thirsty enough. The point being, in this case, there may need to be an alternative.

And yes. A lot of people I have talked to have many great ideas. Subliminal in good. What if a group got together to work on it? A million member alternative to JW. Enough water to make a difference?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi WireRider,

What I do know is a 1000 different TTATT dissociated websites isn't going anywhere and has no impact. Which is the basis for the WT/JW - if you leave, or if they kick you out, you'll have no place to go.

I disagree. Having one website or very few is exactly what the Watchtower has done. So having one controlling organization replace another is perhaps not the best possible route to take. Part of the beauty of this world is that there are so many diverse opinions and so when one leaves one can research the Watchtower organization from a billion different angles. People leave the Watchtower for various personal reasons. I myself left not because I only disagreed with the Watchtower, but because I felt and still feel that the all religions are essentially bogus..

Just for interest, there have been attempts at organizations which you describe: http://aawa.co/ (Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses.)

You're screwed. Give them some place to go and feel welcome.

The website you are on now: www.jehovahs-witness.com has been around for more than 16 years and you found it. There have been tens of thousands of members over the past decade and a half. Some stay for years, others leave but return, others move on permanently. This is as it should be.

BTW Welcome.

Find a way out. Provide a plausible alternative. Start a new church. Online church - I don't know.

Now this is an A1 kaka idea. Let me give you an analogy: You're an alcoholic and you come to the conclusion that you should stop drinking because its obviously extremely hazardous to your health. Over the decades you've stuck to one particular drink, a bourbon that has been aged over a hundred years and is exceptionally refined, although it will still give you liver cirrhosis. When you finally quit, someone comes along and tells you that the solution to your problem is to start drinking again, however not a refined alcohol to which you're accustomed, but a newly backyard stilled corn hooch.

In short, if you want religion after you leave the Watchtower, it should be left to your own devices regarding which one to pick.

• talesin
    talesin

To the OP.

What I do know is a 1000 different TTATT dissociated websites isn't going anywhere and has no impact. Which is the basis for the WT/JW - if you leave, or if they kick you out, you'll have no place to go. You're screwed. Give them some place to go and feel welcome. It underminds the whole love you or your f@#$ked mentality that makes them so effective. Half want to leave, and the other half can't figure out how. Give them away. If you countermand their control over people and they will fall. Stop waiting in the wings and talking about gossip and wishing. Propaganda and money is their weak points - be better at it - they will fall. Minds will be free.
    I'm going to bow out for now. But you all really have a chance to make a difference if you unify, present a unified front, educate, and provide an alternative for recovering WT/JW.

Indeed.

It's important to realize that every member of the exJW 'community' is a cult survivor. To quote the poster Oubliette, who has proven to be one among many of our great teachers (and it is, I believe, his profession), It's a cult!

If we were recovering Moonies, would you have the same expectation? This is not a criticism, but an observation (learned that expression from a friend) ..........

Organizing exJWs is like herding cats. You can try! i think we do best, with a supportive group, and individual attention to specific issues.

I think it would be nice if we all embraced anarchy, which is to say, to HELL with rules! The principle of anarchy and mob rule is not as portrayed in Mad Max - it means the "community" decides justice - not a government, but the local village. If you abuse MY child, you will live OUTSIDE the village, and we MAY choose to share our food!

It doesn't work well in our present western culture, but it is an interesting, and I think, tribal, concept.

xx

• WireRider
    WireRider

The Watchtower and the Jehovah Witness's are a cult.

They have taken a basis of religion, adopted an orthodox Catholic Bible they hate (long story) and used it to control and manipulate people and destroy families that stray outside their lines.

Am I close?

My thought in this discussion is with the torment caused by one group for their human goals. Survivor is a terrible term. A person is better. But in the midst we have to realize that there are, right now, people and child who are currently going through the same issues.

I am not a JW survivor. I'll be honest.

I have met people that have gone through it, and people that are going through it right now. It is not anarchy.

I hope that some day you can share your experience with people a few steps behind you and help them with next steps.

i think we do best, with a supportive group, and individual attention to specific issues.

I hope you share your experiences with others needing help and understanding

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

One thing you have to remember to, is that there are many here that are at different stages of "waking up". Some are still "members", some are long removed from it, others are just starting to realize how they feel about things. Many are only mildly concerned, while others have been truly "hurt" by the organization. Then, you have the many levels of hurt, and with that the many levels of healing.

Many are new to sites like this, in general, and they are still attending meetings, just coming to grips with their own feelings. Others, like myself, are new to this site, and yet i have been "out"/DF'd from the borg, for over 20 years. Then others have been "aware" of the hypocrisy for years, and on these sites for years too.

So many are at different levels and stages, simply with their own feelings, and learning about information itself. Thats why a site like this, is a great stepping stone for many to start to wake up and continue to learn, and at all levels and stages.

Maybe, this will eventually blossom into a "movement" of sorts, but i feel this will be an organic, and natural progression in due time. Maybe, the time is now, maybe the climate is "ripe", or maybe it will still take years to progress. One person can change this, or one event could be a catalyst in this. If we say, "IT SHOULD BE" , it doesnt mean it will be, BUT, it also doesnt mean it cant or wont be, either.

Time will tell, whats meant to be will be. I for one would be happy to help others be released from the harm the WTS has caused, and causes. I would be willing to organize, or give time and resources to doing so, but again, only time can tell.

One thing i have learned, in my continued journey, is that we "all can make our own destiny". When i was WRONGLY kicked out of the WTS, i was told by the Elders that i wasnt worthy of forgiveness, but if i staid in the "world", where hypocrytically they were throwing me, i would be leading a miserable and unfullfilled life.

Well, i didnt let their harmfull words "rule" me, and fast forward 20 years later, and i am a self-employed milloinaire. I own rental properties, my own corporations, i make my own hours, and can work when i wish, on my own terms, and at 40 years old. I have plenty of disposable income, a beautiful home, a wonderful family, with 2 beautiful daughters. I have a happy marriage, a wife who respects and loves me, and i her. I have wonderful relationships and friendships, with people from all walks of life. I have surpassed all the Elders that threw me away as a 19 year old boy, financially, intelectually, and humanly. Now that i am a 40 year old man, i know that they are NOTHING.

• WireRider
    WireRider

Thanks Saintbertholdt

Saintbertholdt

My aim is not to destroy the Watchtower but to allow freedom. “Part of the beauty of this world is that there are so many diverse opinions” – YES. The Watchtower does not allow that. They are prohibited from either looking at apostate sites or claim they are liars.

“so when one leaves one can research the Watchtower organization from a billion different angles” – absolutely – once they are free – free to exist – free to live – free to make their own choices – and most importantly feel free not to get “caught”.

I think we are one the same relative page. I don’t advocate necessarily a successor, but I do think it takes a community effort to gather enough resources to some significance as to challenge the Watchtower for the people that want a way out. It is heart tearing to hear all the “I want out” – but they have my family.

“This website has been around for 16 years”. “Help I can’t get out – they have my family”. 16 years?

“There have been tens of thousands of members over the past decade and a half”. My point.

This is NOT as it should be, for anyone. Why do people have to languish for years waiting to be free to believe what they want? Why do so many hate going to church because they have to. “As it should be?” No.

• WireRider
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    If it blows up from within - all will be free.

This shows a lack of understanding of mind control cults I'm afraid. If all the branch offices had to close because of massive litigation payouts to child abuse victims many ordinary JWs would continue to believe.

They would think it was persecution and a sign we are near THE END. These people are trapped by mind control not by evidence. Some would leave but others would reform into a scattered survival cult, surviving the persecution and still waiting for the end.

• Londo111
    Londo111

All this has been suggested and tried before. And here we are. There is no silver bullet solution...the situation is very complex.

However, I think the hundreds of websites, blogs, and videos has helped tremendously. Growth has stagnated since the Internet became widely used. People google before getting involved further.

The organization seems to be collapsing under its own weight and experiencing financial disaster. Before people vote with their feet, they vote with their wallet. And the leadership is inept and are there own worst enemy. It is all a matter of time. It might not happen as fast as we would like it. But it is slowly crumbling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit