Why don't you do anything?

by WireRider 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WireRider
    WireRider

I'm not JW, so I see this all standing up and very clear from an outsider perspective (I am still seeking my path). I joined the blog a few weeks ago. I dated a divorced JW (JW from birth) for a couple of years recently. Even engaged for a day before her brother found out, and she thanked me for f@#@!ing up her entire life. (I am a guy - I just like the icon). Along the way I did an incredible amount of reading and research on the WT/JW trying to figure the whole thing out. But nothing worked to free her mind. Way too much reading about Russell and Rutherford.

But I know she was with me against the rules - so that says something. Does anyone in the JW really follow the "rules". If you break the rules - God would know. All she really cared about was not getting caught by humans. What does that tell you?

All I see is a publishing company run amok. For many years they have conned so many people into being FREE door-to-door sales people. And more recently FREE workers for their real estate empire. Where does the money really go? I know it sounds simplified - but look at the empire they have built with FREE labor. My personal religious concepts aside - it does not sound legitimate. Who mentally trains people and emotionally brainwashes people "because God said so" with the fear that if they don't obey they will get kicked out and their life will be f@#@!ing over? ding, ding, ding - right answer for 50 points.

I have seen postings from 1000s of active/former WT/JW on hundreds of websites. So many people separated and isolated and recovering and complaining. But no one really does anything. They are one group. ONE GROUP. What if all of the anit-WT/JW people came together as a unified group to stand in opposition? There is a webpage, a document, a video, a page, a book, a testimonial - per every American/Canadian/UK Witness. Attract the people who bailed 20yrs ago to join. I get the sense that all 35% or more don't like it - don't believe in it - feel it's a burden - lie about time sheet (WTH does a time sheet have to do with religion? God would know - why do humans have requirements for sales quotas?) - hate to go - feel trapped. That is ridiculous. The only thing propping them up is that 35% smile and pretend nothing is wrong - encouraging active members that all is good - and enticing new members to electro-shock religion because soooo many people appear to be members. The person next to you probably feels just as trapped as you but can't say anything. They hate it too but put on a smile and don't want to get caught. Their scared shitless to get caught. They may be there just because so many fake people that hide too all still go. Pull the plug. Stop going so that they cannot claim so many numbers and sound so appealing to draw more people in. Shout. Shout a warning to all that this is not where they want to be. Those that do still attend are supporting them - in numbers and presence - stop it.

I like the post about picking a date for a mass exodus. A very significant % left when Rutherford became a dictator and they went back to the true roots of Russell (for what ever it's worth). Perhaps for those trapped can play a roll, if even anonymously. A unified website. A campaign. A letter campaign. Mail bomb them. Use the same type of propaganda to free their minds - our make a change. I saw a fund-me campaign for a billboard outside of a conversion - I like that one - money where your mouth is.

Don't sit around complaining. Do something. Create a "free you mind" manifesto. Collect a million signatures. Free their minds - or create a list of demands to change to GB. There is strength in number is you would just unite with all the other websites and former WT/JW - and active WT/JW whole hate it and feel trapped (paraphrase William Wallace).

Find a way out. Provide a plausible alternative. Start a new church. Online church - I don't know. Usurp donations for a better cause. Those trapped and lost don't know what the alternative is. Create a unified website. Some group sit down and prepare a 12-step program of proof, documents, movies, testimonials. From all of the experience this group has - put it to use. Send an email to every TRUTH website asking them to join a unified front.

What I do know is a 1000 different TTATT dissociated websites isn't going anywhere and has no impact. Which is the basis for the WT/JW - if you leave, or if they kick you out, you'll have no place to go. You're screwed. Give them some place to go and feel welcome. It underminds the whole love you or your f@#$ked mentality that makes them so effective. Half want to leave, and the other half can't figure out how. Give them away. If you countermand their control over people and they will fall. Stop waiting in the wings and talking about gossip and wishing. Propaganda and money is their weak points - be better at it - they will fall. Minds will be free.

I'm going to bow out for now. But you all really have a chance to make a difference if you unify, present a unified front, educate, and provide an alternative for recovering WT/JW.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

You have an interesting perspective.

I don't speak for the majority but there are thousands upon thousands of current members, many of them on this forum, who have a spouse, son, daughter, father, mother, relatives, and therefore they are unable to completely break off from the group.

This organization is not stupid in that it tries to indoctrinate kids at a young age and have them baptized before they even graduate middle school. This guarantees generations after generations of followers and those stuck in limbo.

The propaganda that is spewed every meeting only reinforces the notion that, like you said, you will die if you disobey them. It sounds crazy to outsiders but the reality is much more complicated. It's the family bond that binds.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

WireRider: "A letter campaign. Mail bomb them."

There are people, in a good position to do that, that are planning such a mail bombing. That's all I can say without revealing those plans.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Holy cow! Sometimes I wish I could say the same thing but can't find the words. Thank you!
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Sidewinder, welcome. Your post answered your question. For most, they have heart connections that depend on playing the game and they can only really be free when anonymous. I like the mass DA letter, too. You saw with your girlfriend what JWs are up against. Coming together would be great but some really value their JWs relations and can't risk them. Your girlfriend could have you and lose everyone else. The price is high. Freedom isn't free and all that jazz.

The other issue is that instead of fighting the common foe, the wtbts, ex JWs attack each other for current belief or non belief. It distracts from building something to fight the enemy. The arrogance of being "right". The wtbts is screwed up in so many ways corporately and administratively and fiscally that the actual present theology is immaterial. The leadership is poisonous, nothing right can come from it. The trinity, evolution and Christmas are the least of the issues.

• WireRider
    WireRider

You all know the stakes. I understand. But use that, collectively, to your advantage. How can a million anonymous people undermine the organization? If it blows up from within - all will be free.

If loved ones are trapped - and it is such a horrific thing to comprehend that so many are only trapped because of the construct of the F@#$ING organization - that HOLDS HOSTAGES - that it makes me all that more mad and want to help.

Am I wrong? or do 80% want out but can't because of this organization? The more the fake pretense of fear that they control your family the more they control they have. Break the cycle. It's insane.

Be anonymous if needed. But there is strength in numbers and unity. I don't have a definitive plan but it is certainly possible with this many people. You, the former and fake-active hating-it people, would know better than I. There is a way.

What if everyone came together? A 1000 current websites. Someone draft the message, in fact and in truth, to unite the clan. (sorry, another Wallace reference)

• WireRider
    WireRider

Stop playing "the game". Take their game board away.

So many people want to help, but they are so spread out.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Hello Wirerider, it`s so nice to meet you. You sound very frustrated by your own situation, understandably so. Let me ask you all your studying & learning & reasoning while making sound sense didnt get your girl back did it. I would recommend that you read Steven Hassan`s book, Combating Cult Mind Control. You will have a better understanding of why they are so good at manipulating people. You don't just walk into an international company employing 8000,000 people & shut it down, however you may moan a lot about the conditions or wages, only a fool would leave without having another job lined up & that could take time. Besides you have to remember their are many who are perfectly content with the conditions & it would be a disservice to expect them to leave. We believe in freedom of choice on this forum. Please stay & join us you sound like a most interesting young man your thoughts are most welcome.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

All I see is a publishing company run amok.

Exactly...a publishing company run amok. A harmless little religious group who printed their observations in a little magazine. Readers began writing in with their questions then slowly but surely, these folks started addressing issues, making interpretations and predictions that were way out of their league. The next thing you know, they start seeing themselves as Bible Theologians and then eventually as the "chosen ones" with the authority to intervene in peoples personal relationships with God. As with anything, if you stay with it long enough, someone will buy into it. (if you build it...they will come). It took on a life of it's own and voila'...here we are.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    If there really are around 35% disgruntled JWs, I'd love to be involved in an organized walk-out. If 1/3 stood up and walked out half-way through the public talk it would make a huge impression. The problem is uniting everyone. Everyone is afraid of being found out and losing family. Even finding those that disagree with the org is hard enough let alone organize a protest that all could agree on/live with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit