Was looking at my childhood book "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" I found something interesting.

by Still Totally ADD 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I had That book too. It was a key part of my childhood. Have to say that the pics never bothered me though. Was I an unfeeling kid? Or did it all seem other-worldly, divorced from reality like watching cartoon violence on the telly? Either way, I slept well at nights .

As for that pic, the question of whether it shows a child or not is the sort of debate that dubs enjoy having. I'll bet the artist is dead now. Either way it would fit the JW mindset . They definitely had no qualms about worldly kids dying.......

Anyway, that generation of kids has outlived those writers , so there!

• steve2
    steve2

"This book wastes no time and space discussing
    false doctrines of worldly religions..."

If only the right hand in the writers' "department" had told the left hand about this...For decades after this stark "admission", JW organization continues to waste both time and space "discussing false doctrines of worldly religions" which include its own (of course).

On the admitted point that the book was never directly intended as a book for children, JW parents used it exactly for that purpose. Subsequent statements in JW literature featured it as a book for children - and that was how it was "featured" in the door-to-door ministry.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

You need to always remember the WT thought children were just short adults. For most of us raised in the JW Cult there was no such thing as a normal childhood or a childhood at all. From the time we could sit in a chair we had to act like little adults. This book just reenforced this thinking. Still Totally ADD

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i had a study with the paradise book when i was about 11. it seemed very childish. a few years later i was told it was intended for the missionaries to use in africa.....with literate adults.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Still Totally ADD - "You need to always remember the WT thought children were just short adults."

You can thanks Rutherford's legacy for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit