Was looking at my childhood book "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" I found something interesting.

by Still Totally ADD 44 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Notice also how the "little girl" has breasts. I fear we are all mistaken.

You can see breasts on this little girl ? You have far better eyesight than I have. And what did the poor dog do to deserve this fate.?

I was 19 when I converted and the Bro,gave me that book to study because I was pretty ignorant of the Bible.

Obviously I was just plain IGNORANT

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Regardless if that is a little girl or a mature women little children should not be subjected to these pictures. The WT at that time could care less about children. I was told by adults in the congregation time and time again I should not even be there because I was a child. Also the WT did not want you to watch horror movies but used their own form of horror in their books. Remember the blood all the way up to the horses shoulder showing how many would be killed by God. Really showing the WT is a religion of hate and fear and not love. I know it's a CULT!!! Still Totally ADD

• blondie
    blondie

Ditto, Still Totally ADD. I grew up on the book with my brother. It scared the bejeebers out of me and that was hard considering the abuse at home. We couldn't understand why god was killing dog...she couldn't even understand there as a god. And our bike, and how could that help, and where were we safe if this was happening all over the earth............

Blondie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

STADD said, in part, "...On page 192 paragraph 33 " less than 20,000 of the last ones of God's spiritual nation are now left on earth."

Wow! THAT is a friggin' GREAT find!

I "studied" the Paradise book cover-to-cover at least once with a friendly (I'm not being sarcastic, he was a good guy) Bethelite assigned to the Sunnyside NY congregation back in the early 1960s, and of course that sentence did not have the significance it has now, when everyone and his uncle is part of the "new, improved remnant."

I think your find will get LOTS of play on Aposta-media. GOOD WORK!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Y'know, I'm our here in Seattle -- land of earthquakes -- and looking at that drawing from the Paradise book I thought "that's not how earthquakes are, usually. You know where you see earthquakes like that? On Saturday-afternoon "Dinosaur Island" movies on TV!

...and what sins did that dog commit?

Did he lick his ass too often?

Did he chase a Mailman who was one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Did he deny Balto's sacrifice on behalf of all canines?

"Yeah, I'm a seeker of wisdom, wanna make somethin' of it?" -- one of my specially-designed slogans. Collect 'em all!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

BLONDIE said, "That's me, my dog, and my doll dropping into the crevasse, followed by my bike."

Let me throw you a rope! OK, it's not a rope, but grab on anyway!

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks for the link to the PDF copy, Blondie. I've since long ago purged all my old WT books, but every now and then you realize that there are a few that should have been kept for research purposes. This is one of them.

And yes, I remember studying it as a kid. Those illustrations of Armageddon were a bit unsettling to such a naive, tender mind.

• steve2
    steve2

Blondie, you are a true survivor - dropped into the hot, crushing bowels of the earth in the 1950s and yet still going strong on earth in the 2010s. The angels were clearly watching over you.

Back to topic: I think the Paradise book's sole reference to 1799 was as a way to denigrate the Roman Catholic Church. Kind of like a negative jibe.

Yet in Chuck Russell's scheme of chronology, 1799 was the start of the time of the end. Rutherford expunged the teaching from all subsequent books within years of taking over - and eventually, 1914 was cast as the start of the time of the end.

• wifibandit
  • Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Scared the heck out of me as a little kid too. Straight up child abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit