Was looking at my childhood book "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" I found something interesting.

by Still Totally ADD 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I was showing a friend of mine what kind of books my parents allowed me to read when I was very young. No children books that was age related but the so called orange Paradise book was my only children book I had. She was taken back on how violent it was and showing little kids being killed by God was just unspeakable. After she left I started looking through the book and discovered some interesting things such as on page 18 second paragraph " Five creative days of 7000 years each had gone by". I did not realize this book taught creative day was 7000 years long. The only mention of 1799 was on page 168 paragraph 34 "in 1799, Napoleon took the Pope prisoner". On page 193 paragraph 34 " The slave is not a man. Neither is it the WT society. It is the united body of regathered last ones of God's spiritual nation.". On page 192 paragraph 33 " less than 20,000 of the last ones of God's spiritual nation are now left on earth.". Finally what I call the pages that gave me nightmares for years page 208 & 209. This is were God is killing everyone that is bad. What kind of people think up this shit? Just thought some of you would like to go down memory lane. LOL. Any thoughts? Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sorry my computer but down Repainted instead of regained. Still Totally ADD

• sir82
    sir82

I'm shocked that they even mentioned 1799. Didn't that book come out in the 50's?

1799 (and the Pope's capture) was a central pillar of Russell's (and other group's) chronology calculations, but it had been discarded as anything of significance for decades by the time that book came out.

What is the context of that 1799 reference?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

sir82 it was in the chapter called " The falling away from the true belief and work". They was showing how Catholic Church was losing its powers. Still TotLly ADD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

When was that book published?

• St George of England
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

That was the book I 'studied' when I was in the second grade, since it was, believe it or not, considered a children's book.

• NikL
    NikL

I remember the horror pictures.

I hated that F**King book even when I was a witness.

• zeb
    zeb

I came along many years later and we got the other 'childrens' book. which had a theme of do as you are told or else. it was and remains a shocker.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit