Did you ever needlessly quit ajob as a witness ?

by Steel 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Steel
    Steel

My wife has a friend ( male ) with a six month old baby who just decided to be unemployed and had a fairly good paying job. Without giving up too much information it seems quite weird. The reason I ask is because I have been in meetings and assemblies and some of the advice they like to give doesn't seem very intelligence about being a productive member of society.

I just hope we don't have to give this guy any money.

Thoughts...............Comments ??

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I quit a job one time, because a coworker asked me out on a date, and I wanted to go on a date with her. So I decided to quit in order to flee temptation.

• Steel
    Steel

That would have to be absolutely horrible on her self esteem. LoL

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STEEL:

The JW religion tried back in the day to get me to quit my job. Glad I never listened.

The diehard JWs who tried this were older people with comfortable lives. Some of them were at or near retirement. Some had ‘worldly’ spouses who provided well for them. The poverty they were pushing wasn’t for them, but they were hoping the naive young person I was would listen to this SHIT.. I guess these older JWs got a perverse pleasure watching some young idiot do without in order to look ‘spiritual’. This and doing favors for all the users like some chump. Um, I don’t think so.

Thankfully, I ignored these bastards or I wouldn’t be retired....Can you imagine how screwed I would have been? Do you think anybody would have given ME money?

If any of these hypocritical JWs were still alive, I would contact them and rub it in their damn faces how wrong they were!

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I've never quit a job because I was a JW, but I had taken some gawd awful jobs because I was one. There was one time, and it was a serious matter involving jobs and my husband.

Back in between the years of 2000 and 2001, my husband worked very long shift hours, and it involved him missing quite a few of their meetings. Our family was having some serious financial issues involving many different things, and it was because of his income we were able to make ends meet. They tried many different tactics to guilt him into quitting his job, which would have left us without any income. He didn't fall for it, at the time I didn't know that he no longer believed the crap that was coming from the Watchtower.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I have never needlessly quit, but I know the JW leadership suggests rank and file members quit if the job interferes with meetings, service, assemblies or conventions. They aren’t supposed to worry about how to put food on the table, keep the roof over their head or shirts on their backs, but just have faith and confidence that Jehovah will provide for them.

I don’t see how any rank and file member can even listen to those idiots in Warwick. Think about the life they live for a minute, they are out of touch with reality. They never have to worry about paying a mortgage or rent, paying utilities, going out and buying groceries, spending time preparing meals, doing laundry, cleaning the house, maintaining vehicles, absolutely none of that. They are riding the gravy train and they have the nerve to tell the members to just quit and everything will be fine, pathetic!

• minimus
    minimus

My friend works at a convenience store many years ago and his conscience did not allow him to sell cigarettes or lottery tickets so he had to quit his job

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TAMERIA:

I was reading your bio and it seems we both left the JW religion in ‘01: you DA’d and I ‘Faded’.

I’m glad your husband didn’t quit his job and cause his family to starve to death. These policies against full time or decent jobs are absurd!..I also was faced with the same nonsense and ignored it..How many JWs are now in old age and eking out a living because they believed Armageddon was coming and foolishly quit jobs in their youth in order to knock on doors??. Let me tell you that the years fly by and once young JWs now find themselves old.

I am so glad I was a marginal Witness not raised in the religion. I’m glad I resisted insults and peer pressure to conform...At least some of what my Dad taught me stuck and I wasn’t stupid enough to quit my decent job. I wasted time in this religion but at least I’m glad I didn’t make THAT mistake.🙏🏻

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit