Michio Kaku: can universes form from "nothing" ?

by Brokeback Watchtower 26 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Kaku must be stupid cuz in too stupid to understand him.
  • shepherdless
    shepherdless

I woke up this morning with a feeling I wrote something silly on this thread, last night. I deserve the mockery.

Anyway, OneEyedJoe makes the point I was trying to make.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

shepherdless: As a result of Einstein's General Theory of Relativity ...

No. Theories are well-supported explanations of how things are. Reality does not conform to our tentative attempts to explain them, nothing that happened billions of years ago is the "result" of what any humans--no matter how smart--say today or in the extremely recent past, say 1879 - 1955.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

shepherdless: I woke up this morning with a feeling I wrote something silly on this thread, last night. I deserve the mockery.

Don't post when you drink. Only post when you think.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Kaku must be stupid cuz in too stupid to understand him.

In order to understand him and really get it one would need a good back round in Physics, so it takes a small leap of faith in his credentials as a educator for the majority of us to get some idea that he knows what he is talking about.

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • prologos
    prologos
    It appears, that whenever "nothing" is discussed in the beginning of the universe context, it turns out, not to be an empty nothing, but filled with all kinds of neat phenomenae, even time..
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Nothing is very unstable.
  • prologos
    prologos
    The moment nothing is something, how can it be said that it is still nothing? , or ever was ?
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    That's the big semantical question what the hell is nothing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit