JUst wondering if the Funeral will be at Kingdom Hall

by ShirleyW 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Probably not, since his mom already passed and no other family members are JWs. Was he officially DFd or he just walked away, don't remember.
  • minimus
    minimus
    Sad and a great loss
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I think I just heard the answer to if he was still an active JW, on MSNBC Al Sharpton just said that Prince called him during the Trayvon Martin case and he donated some money to take care of some financial issues with the family so, a regular JW would never do that.

BTW, Brian Williams and AL Sharpton just mentioned when he switched to being a JW.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Was he officially DFd or he just walked away, don't remember

I thought he was still an active JW. Does anybody know what his JW status was?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

His funeral will be a very big deal. I'm sure he wasn't expecting to die yet and probably didn't make plans as to who would speak and where. It will be definitely in the news and we will find out the details.

Prince and Bowie in the same year, I can't take it.

Rest in peace you gorgeous man.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

He's so eccentric I just have a feeling he won't have any kind of funeral service.

• scotoma
    scotoma

No heirs? Is the Society going to get his millions? (250 million)

That would be miracle money to cover molestation suits.

• undercover
    undercover
    Is the Society going to get his millions? (250 million) That would be miracle money to cover molestation suits.

ouch, that just made me go all conspiracy theorist.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A couple of posts from the public pages of JWTalk :

so sad. i had the opportunity to meet him twice when the Memorial was held at Paisley Park in 2003 and 2004. a very nice man... and an incredible musician.

and

I'm sad to read this. May Jehovah remember our dear brother in the resurrection!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Wait a minute !! THe Memorial was held at Paisley Park, that's his home!! Know way Prince was in "good standing" that much that the Memorial could be held at this home. Wow, those checks he wrote must've beene HUGE ! ! ! !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit