Shunning Info

by Scooby 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Scooby
    Scooby

Does anybody know what publication this is From? I need to know when I call my brother in law today.

Thanks- Scooby

Those who simply leave the faith are not shunned. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkenness, stealing, or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers. Every effort is made to help wrongdoers. But if they are unrepentant, the congregation needs to be protected from their influence. The Bible clearly directs: "Remove the wicked man from among yourselves." (1 Corinthians 5:13) What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah's Witnesses? The spiritual ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings can continue. As for disfellowshipped relatives not living in the same household, Jehovah's Witnesses apply the Bible's counsel: "Quit mixing with them." (1 Corinthians 5:11) Disfellowshipped individuals may continue to attend religious services and, if they wish, they may receive spiritual counsel from the elders with a view to their being restored. They are always welcome to return to the faith if they reject the improper course of conduct for which they were disfellowshipped

• Azalo
    Azalo

i believe its from the Kingdom Ministry August 2002

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

Actually, its frow Watchtower official website for media...

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I believe it is unique to the web, Scooby.

• Scooby
    Scooby

Thanks Izob-

I did find it on the official media website!!

YOU ROCK!!!! THANKS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit