Informing of judicial decisions - how is it accomplished in 2018?

by gone for good 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gone for good
    gone for good

How do JWs (rank and file) know when to commence shunning the victim of an internal judicial proceeding ?

What direction does the elders manual give to start the congregations participation in shunning?

When did you most recently see this process initiated in a hall you attend?

Thanks for any knowledge you have of the process, as currently practised.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

An announcement is made: So and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Or So and so is no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

People in my hall are literally dying to leave this religion, can't remember last DFing. Lots of old people.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

If not dfd the they’ll publicly reproved you or have a marking talk or spread a bunch of rumors. I didn’t get the marking talk and was never dfd just publicly reproved. I said nothing to know one other then the elders and only mentioned a couple of things to my wife yet the rumors were flying left and right. The way they treat people that have any issues it’s amazing any one ever goes back! I didn’t !!

• gone for good
    gone for good

So, announcements by name are still made regarding a persons religious affiliation?

Could anyone substantiate that is actual written organizational protocol supplied to elders from HQ?

Thanks

GFG

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Could anyone substantiate that is actual written organizational protocol supplied to elders from HQ?

Of course. Below a pic of the relevant page from the ks10 (txt book for elders) published by the org and issued to congregation elders only.

• freddo
    freddo

Round my way more are dying off and more are being DF'd.

In the last 2/3 years I can think of 6 over 70's who have snuffed it and 3 DF'd (all separate offences as in not two or three at once) in a cong that was about 75/80 publishers and is now about 70. A couple of separate reproofs announced too.

The announcements were as per Morpheus's post.

I have also heard and had verified that in a nearby circuit the last 3 years an HLC member got DF'd and a a circuit overseer publicly reproved just after he changed circuits.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, if someone is not DF or DA, but the elders deem them as dangerous, or feel the "flock should be safeguarded" from them, they will systematically and thoroughly ensure that an intense and deliberate character assassination takes place.

They will talk to every congregation member saying things like "its best that you have nothing to do with so and so. We can't say why, but trust us, as we know of things...."

That is called slander in most people's books. In JW land, that is called "elders protecting the flock"

• gone for good
    gone for good

Thanks to one and all !

Has anyone opinions on the legality of the practice - (announcing a persons name and religion status) to what could be a random audience?

I say random because not everyone at the hall are Jws -there are children, , studies, various visitors and guests - what legal right do these people have to such personal, private details sprung upon them?

Please keep responding with your various opinions, I am going somewhere with this...

GFG

• millie210
    millie210

Long ago they used to announce what you were disfellowshipped for.

If it was smoking - they said so.

Then when that became legally hazardous they changed it to

"So and so is disfellowshipped for conduct unbecoming a Christian"

when that got challenged they changed it to where it is today.

I think that because you "joined" when you got baptized, they are on terra firma legally to announce you are no longer part of the "group".

At least that is the way it was explained to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit