Mindset of JW's these days

by DIM 3 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

My mom in Pennsylvania called to wish us a happy anniversary tonight (4 years!) and used this chance to preach her garbage to me....she knows very well how I feel about everything, but I decided to be civil towards her. She said how nice it was that inactive people were coming back to the meetings. When I replied that it was because they were scared of being destroyed by her loving god, she just shrugged it off. She wants to send me the new publication from last year as well as a recent watchtower....i told her not to bother, but she can do what she wants. She kept going on and on about how this war is "it" and how the United States has never done anything like this...blah blah blah. Bizarre statement of the phone conversation:

"My friend and I were discussing how its too bad its now, because I really really wanted to see The Return of the King"!!!!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... never done anything like this...

[cough] Bay of Pigs

[cough] Panama Canal

• Swan
    Swan
    She kept going on and on about how this war is "it" and how the United States has never done anything like this...blah blah blah.

Didn't a president named Bush invade Iraq 12 years ago?

Bizarre statement of the phone conversation:

"My friend and I were discussing how its too bad its now, because I really really wanted to see The Return of the King"!!!!!!!!

That is bizarre! And let's not forget Star Wars, Episode III after that. And the next two Matrix movies as well. Oops. Maybe not the Matrix. A story about being brainwashed and living in a fictional world hits a little too close to home.

Tammy

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Doesn't she know what a horrible demonic story Lord of the Rings is? I have heard the first and second installments condemned at circuit assemblies as unsuitable for "true" Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit