Mass disassociation pact...

by freemindfade 312 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Also we need to write something formal about this. To put through other exjw channels maybe I can start that.
  • cognac
    cognac

FMF - I think DocBob had a good one. I'll look it up tomorrow unless someone else wants to.

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth
    Unfortunately, writing is not my bag. It should be published in a form that would allow for a "copy and paste" with a little editing of names to make it easier to do. For about 50 bucks worth of stamps you could wreak havoc on some already over worked brothers weekend. Actually, the best time to do it would be around a CA or DA so more will be in mass groups and the question would be asked, "Did someone send in a DA letter on you"? so even the ones who didn't get the letter would know what it's about. Put in web sites in the letter to get the process going to Advertise, Advertise, Advertise.
  • cognac
    cognac

Defiant - Good idea! If anyone needs funds to do this, could we set some sort of donation thing up? Or, could there be a central person that would want to help this along that we could donate to?

Idk, just throwing ideas out there...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    An expressions of interest notice to other sites would be good.
  • wozza
    wozza

Sounds like fun ,I remember years ago a woman in my congo that I knew well and visited to encourage ,as I was an MS, was influenced by her daughter to join another church.

When she became an "apostate" she put a large add in the local newspaper condemning the WTS and the local elders ,one in particular, and the teachings. Her public disassociation had a large effect on the congo as she often pioneered ,and had the effect of certain ones questioning why she done this ,sometimes it only needs a spark to start a fire. A young couple left around that time as well possibly influenced by the older sisters actions ,as I had a chance to talk to both parties at that time.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I think it needs to spread amongst exjw but not be too visible to the gb
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I don't think we need money at the mo. Just a think tank, and info gathering.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Yes, sending copies of the letter (when ready)to Newspapers and TV channels is a great idea.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DFing and DAing is part of the rules of the WTS/JWs. Sorry, but I don't agree with playing by the WTS rules anymore. Doing so would let the gossipers go wild with all the "reasons" we are "out". (Since no one would know if ywewere DF or DA as the announcement is the same.)

I want all our former JW associates to know that we are AWOL by choice. Not because we got "thrown out" or not because we left so we could go "enjoy the world" and not because we have secretly done something "wrong". We are still the same good, moral people that they have known for years. We have not left Jehovah or his righteous principles/standards.

We just could no longer tolerate the hypocrisy and we could no longer support an Organization that that appears to have clearly lost Jehovah's Blessing. Isn't it evident(tm) that He is no longer giving it divine support?

But I'll give you an "attaboy" on whatever choice you make. For those who do choose the DA route, a massive one-day event would probably bet media headlines if someone leaked a news release. (However, I suspect trying to organize such a thing will be tantamount to attempting to herd cats.)

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit