BBC Article on Two Witness Rule

by Tricked 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Tricked
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for sharing.

I sent the link to my Elder father.

His reply? "Why are you sending me this?"

My reply: Dad, it is all over the news. It is important information that all Jehovah's Witnesses should be aware of. Literally 10's of millions of dollars are being paid out by the Society, and yet no Witness is told about how the money is being spent"

Surely this is "bringing reproach on Jehovah's name"?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    "I asked [the organisation], 'what should I do? Do you report it to the police, [or] do I report it to the police'? And their words were that they strongly advised me not to go to the police because it would bring reproach on Jehovah."

Couldn't the same logic be applied to a murderer in the congregation? It seems to me that bringing vile criminals to justice is justice.

So you've got a serial killer in the congregation. Are you going to be worried about it bringing reproach to Jehovah? Besides, how does bagging a pedophile bring reproach on Jehovah? Don't they mean it brings reproach to the JW Organization?

Why do these people gain access to the children in the first place? Where are the parents? When talking to a child, why don't they leave the door open? Or put a glass window in it? Billy Graham would never ride an elevator alone with a woman (and if he were alive today) probably not with a child. If counseling a woman, he left the door open to his office. To him, he never wanted a he said, she said. If privacy is required, have someone else present.

It worked for him for years. If I were a parent, I'd never let a child be alone with an adult who wasn't the parent. And if it's a case of a parent abusing a child, treat it as though it were a murder. "I'm sorry, brother Grabbitz, but church policy requires I report this to the authorities. As a presiding elder I recommend you get professional help. Until this matter is resolved legally, we have no choice but to also convene a KH court to determine church disciplinary action."

Why not do the right thing?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Cold Steel Serial killers have also been given a pass. Fast forward to 1:23:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfLlDsQFmy4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit