I think I figured out their strategy with all the creepy videos

by JeffT 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

The Catholics have Hellfire to keep their adherents in line.

Jehovah's Witnesses have Armageddon to keep their adherents in line.

Same method, similar FEAR tactics!

• sparky1
    sparky1

The Catholics have Hellfire to keep their adherents in line.

Jehovah's Witnesses have Armageddon to keep their adherents in line.

If it's one thing that religions understand, it's that FEAR works every time!

• sir82
    sir82

So here we are 40-50 years later...promises unfullfilled. Are their memories so short, or are do they really believe it?

The vast majority of JWs have been in the org less than 40 years.

Most of those who were here are long gone, or are so old that they are effectively marginalized (forced retirements of old COBEs, COs, etc.) or just completely out of it (dementia) or dead.

In any given congregation, there are probably no more than 5 or 6 who were at least 10 years old during the 1975 hysteria and are still active members of the org.

In 3rd world countries, I'd wager that maybe 1/10 of 1% of JWs remember 1975.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I remember asking a CO once if our message was just basically a variation on the hell ultimatum - ie become a jw or die at armageddon?

His answer "no, not at all."

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I think the worry over these videos is a little over the top.

They have no ideas. They have no vision. They are plugging the holes in the dyke with their fingers and thinking their real problems are going to disappear. Or that the mighty Jehobo will bail them out.

Every time they do something they wake more people up. This will do the same. No they aren't ever "going down" or having a "mass exodus", but the ship hasn't been repaired by this propaganda.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I agree lostgen. The videos are low on detail and practical info, high on ambiguity and vague threats. Suggested terror is always more fearful than hard facts - WT knows that.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"They are plugging the holes in the dyke with their fingers" - LostGeneration

Don't they realize that this sort of conduct is a DISFELLOWSHIPPING offense?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit