JW family

by Granny Linda 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

It seems that after many years of no contact with my elderely JW mom, she and my older sister will be dropping by to see me here in Colorado. Funny, the sister that doesn't speak to me lives a few short miles from where I just relocated to, and they plan a visit with her. So, my eldest sis called to see if it would be ok to bring mother by.

I thanked her for asking first...and told her it might well be our last contact so no problem. And it isn't. I was rather proud of myself, now that I see some more maturity from myself, that I did not react or over react to her comments on the phone about the Memorial and/or the visiting overseer; is that what they are called? Hell, I've been out for so long that their terminology escapes me at times.

What's sad, for this older sister, is how she started crying on the phone about how separated and at odds this family is. Well, duh! But I didn't say anything. After 30 some years has it dawned on this fence-riding woman (who has been on Prozac for 12 years), that each of us made a personal decision? I decided to get on my life, and an interesting one at that, and they continue mouthing JW mantra. Oh well.

My mother at age 77 or 78 is one of the most negative people. And I quit hanging around that type long ago. As a matter of fact, I'm so indifferent to JW family that it amazes me at times. And there are no hard feelings, which is a good thing, just don't like them - JW's.

Just wanting to share a tid-bit of my life as it involves recovery and family.

thanks

granny linda

• Latte
    Latte

{{{{{{{Granny Linda}}}}}}

So glad that you are able to of gotten your life well on track! It is such a shame that the dubs really don't realize just how much of a depressing effect their religion/cult has on them. I know so many that were taking anti-depressants....

One can only feel sad for them.

Take care granny!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Granny:

And there are no hard feelings, which is a good thing,

That is a really hard place in our hearts to reach.

But that's a good place.

Hell, I've been out for so long that their terminology escapes me at times

hehe, as fast as they change their lingo, 1 year out and coming back would require learning a new language! When I was first DFd, I was only out for a year or so, and in even that short time when I went back it was like traveling to a foreign nation.

And that's a good place, too.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit