"Apostates " how honest are we?

by closed 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• closed
    closed
    Cognac. Apologies accepted. Don't worry. I know my pos may draw all bad feelings out. I am sorry it made you feel that way.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

If anyone is dishonest it's the Governing body and the ones that pull the strings behind the scenes in the corporation. No wonder people might be dishonest upon leaving the corporation. It's a learned response....learned from the wbt$ themselves.

If blame is to be put anywhere, it is to be laid firmly at the feet of the watchtower corporation leadership.

It's easier to count things the wbt$ haven't lied about to get money and power....the lies and deceits are beyond number now.

Theocratic Warfare Strategy = ***w07 2/1 p.6***
    Every lie is an untruth, but not every untruth is a lie. Why not? A dictionary defines a lie as “an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive.” Yes, lying includes the intention to deceive someone. Hence, to speak an untruth unwittingly—such as giving someone incorrect facts or figures by mistake—is not the same as to tell a lie.
    Moreover, we need to consider whether the person asking for information is entitled to a comprehensive answer. For instance, suppose Manfred had been asked the same questions by an executive of another company. Would Manfred have been obliged to tell him everything? Not really. Since that executive had no right to such information, Manfred would have had no obligation to provide it. Of course, even in this case, it would have been wrong for him to tell a lie.

QUALIFIED TO BE MINISTERS (1967 edition), p. 197
    "As a soldier of Christ he is in theocratic warfare and he must exercise added caution when dealing with God's foes. Thus the Scriptures show that for the purpose of protecting the interest of God's cause, it is proper to hide the truth from God's enemies."
  • closed
    closed

GodZoo. Thanks. I agree with your points on arc etc. The post title is correct. I know they ways. I don't accept them. I don't want to be like them.

I will check all sources. Thanks to all.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    If you - Cognac-have already vomited I hope it feel better.

I think we all need a good vomit now and again. It cleans out the system.

I have a sympathetic gag reflex so I'll be right there with you.

Regarding honesty: Human beings with a reasonable job are honest between 80 and 90% of the time. 99.98% of the time they will not consider stealing money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/06/magazine/what-the-bagel-man-saw.html?_r=0

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    Hard for me to lump all ex JWs together. It is a spectrum with as many good folks and crazy folks as you find in the WTS.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

You seem like one of the good guys closed

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

A member that goes against the doctrines by the GB and are subsequently disfellowshipped for "apostasy" although they are not rebelling against God or Scripture but rather the man-made doctrine interpretations, these type of "apostates" are usually very honest and open about their plight. This is the first example.

On the other hand you have the type of member who gets disfellowshipped due to practices condemned by Scripture, let me emphasize, practices that are clearly prohibited in Scripture. These members start off their disfellowshipped life being angry, resentful, and even vengeful perhaps because they were caught, are embarrassed, marriage in trouble, family in shambles, or perhaps for how Elders sometimes will deal harshly with them instead of trying to comfort them and admonish them like the lost lamb that they are. This is the second example.

The third example is that of members that are disfellowshipped for clearly going against Scripture in believing in things like Hell, Trinity, etc. These members usually will never return to the Organization and almost immediately they will commence posting and openly going against what Scripture is clear on. Once this threshold is crossed, they become very adamant about their position and many times they will start their own church or group.

The fourth and final example is of members who realize that they have been misled by the GB, start to fade quietly, and sometimes move away in order to successfully fade with their entire family and social circle intact.

It is the second and third examples of those that I have found to sometimes flat out lie or stretch the truth out a bit. Their reasons are obvious; trying to add to their membership roles, and trying to undermine the organization that caught them red-handed but crossing over into actual "apostasy".

The first and second examples will usually remain honest while sometimes extremely critical of the organization but nevertheless they remain honest.

All of these four examples are members who are lumped into one group as "apostates" by the organization for going against them in some form or another.

The second example is the classic "apostate" example. While the third example can evolve into other forms that are not Godly such as atheism. Once this happens they will turn on God and start to berate Biblical teachings even lying about Scripture.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Tenacious: Don't forget the members that wake up and realize they've been misled by both the Governing Body and Theism in general.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

She gave "description " of JC. It was all lie. I know it as I Was on it.....closed

WatchTower/JW Judicial Committees are nothing more than Kangaroo Courts..

Merriam-Webster Logo

Full Definition of kangaroo court

1. 1 : a mock court in which the principles of law and justice are disregarded or perverted

2. 2 : a court characterized by irresponsible, unauthorized, or irregular status or procedures

3. 3 : judgment or punishment given outside of legal procedure

.................Image result for Watchtower logo

.........................Image result for kangaroo court logo

• blondie
    blondie
    So how do we know you are telling the truth? I've known more lying elders than rank and file.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit