"Apostates " how honest are we?

by closed 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

closed, I think you're trying to be a good man and put the past behind you but please, please listen to posts like cognacs.

I think ex Elders need to take the flak from victims of JC's - at least for a while.

And yes, you're own indignation at being lied to will REALLY grate on some - me included.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'm sure some exJWs are as you described, but I can honestly say that I've been impressed with the members of this forum. While not hesitating to point out the wrongs of JWdom, it seems that most attempt to keep it honest. They might be mistaken, but I don't think they're dishonest. I've on numerous threads seen posters questioning anti-JW stuff to make sure it's legitimate.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

You are on the right track. Human behavior and morality is so complex. Just keep asking questions. While I feel the way you said what you did raised some people's defenses I think you are sincere. So keep asking and keep opening your mind.

Fmf

• Giordano
    Giordano

'Apostates' so what does that mean exactly? Let's start there. I was raised a Catholic...... received first communion....did the confessional, participated in the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, or the sharing of the bread and wine. Was I an apostate to the Catholic religion when I became a JW at age 13? ...thanks Mom.

I was baptized served with distinction then left over the Blood issue and Armageddon..........DA myself at 23. I no longer believed what the Society taught...hell apparently the Society didn't believe it either or they wouldn't have changed so much of what they taught (I was in in the 1950's and mid 1960's).

So as I was an apostate to the Catholic Church first can you then be a 2nd time serial apostate? If so now many times can a person be officially called an apostate if they attend different churches? Are they searching for Jesus or does that sound like they are rejecting Jesus and the Father?

I don't reference scripture very often having little to no need for it.

But these are interesting as it defines who the apostate is:

Anything that is taught as a “man-pleaser” or to tickle the ears, must be considered apostasy for anything taken away from or added to the gospel makes it another gospel entirely and one that is altogether different and isn’t really a gospel at all (Gal 1:7).

That's a pretty good description of the belief system that has Evolved in the WT. They take things away in the gospel or add things.

The Society, and there handpicked Elders could easily be described as follows:

Paul would identify “such men [as] false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds” (2 Cor 11:13-15).

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Here is some home work closed

https://medium.com/@danielgenser/what-i-believe-to-be-true-and-how-i-have-come-to-believe-it-13df821c3ed#.lii45unnj

This probably more accurately represents the exit of most apostates. They do it because of honestly. All honesty should start with intellectual honesty. But again there are all types but this story should give you hope.

• Simon
    Simon

I agree. Not every disfellowshipping is "wrong" just because it's the WTS doing it.

Some people simply break normal rules of decent civil conduct and are in no way making any moralistic stand against the WTS.

Too often though the process is used to silence and remove critics and those with valid complaints against the WTS, it's teachings or the behavior of it's representatives.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

This is nothing to do with the honesty of 'apostates'.. this is just about people that lie full stop. And as we all know from personal experience and now clearly from the Australian Royal Commission, the orgs lawyers, their elders and even governing body members lie their asses off.

Maybe your post title should really read: - "Jehovah's Witnesses" How honest are they? -

• closed
    closed

Cognac. If it helps to vomit just do it. I see you are very frustrated for reasons I don't know. You completely misunderstood my point. But it's ok with me. All reactions just proof that we all are different. I was happy in. I am working on being happy on my way out.

If you - Cognac-have already vomited I hope it feel better.

• cognac
    cognac
    Closed - I'm not sure how I misunderstood your point but I apologize if I did. Your post struck a nerve, to say the least... Hope you find the happiness you are seeking while you exit.
  • closed
    closed

By the way. I don't agree with jc policy now. But it IS my past. I did what I did. I was wrong but my motives were good.I was doing my best. As many of us here. I understand people like Cognac but you can't live like that. We are not here to cover one another in sick, I hope. Just maybe someones experience may help to find some joy in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit