What would the world look like without the U.S.???

by rmayer32 5 Replies latest social current

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

This guy here actually makes a lot of good points. Lots of things that we all around the country and world tend to forget about.

-Rick

• Simon
    Simon

I as going to say "Well, the Pacific ocean woudl be HUGE ... like Waterworld"

I am not particularly impressed by the list of achivements

• Where would Israel be without the United States to steadfastly support its right to exist?
  • What would the Middle East look like if the United States had failed to lead an international coalition against Iraq when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait?
  • And now, how safe would the world be from the constant fear of terrorist threats if the United States had not stepped up to lead this assault against Saddam? Would France have taken a leadership role trying to bring Saddam to heel? Germany? Russia? How about China? You get the picture.
  • It would be easy to argue that they were heavily involved in the creation of many of these problems so if they weren't there to sort them out then neither woudl they be there to create them.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Rick.

Some of the wars mentioned, especially WW1 and of course WW2, were not solely fought on the backs of the Americans alone. They contributed, and did a great job, but other nationals were involved as well, and we must remember them. Some nations suffered great losses.

WW1: Canada fought, and Australia (the battle of Gallipoli) as well as New Zealanders to name a few. It was definitely a combined effort, American/British troops included.

WW2: what year did the US enter the European theatre?

Some of my older relatives were involved, and we entered the war in 1939 (Canada). Canada lost many people. Much smaller population base mind you, but they fought nonetheless. Yes, Canada was involved in the Pacific war effort as well, including other nations: Australia, New Zealand, India, Hong Kong and the list goes on.

Korean War: other nationals were involved with this event as well.

The article is interesting to read, but let's not forget other nationals that have been previously involved in horrendous battles of the many days/years gone by.

I can understand your feelings of patriotism at this time, but I think it's important to remember other nations' previous contributions to war efforts as well.

Presently, my brother is a UN Peacekeeping soldier. He has participated in various tours of duty overseas for almost 2 decades. I suspect, he'll be headed somewhere in the very near future.

Hope all is well with you Rick. I hope this war is over sooner than later.

• neyank
    neyank

Without the US?

The world would be comunist.

Russia would have dominated all else.

neyank

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

You are considering the absence of the USA as leaving a vacuum. That would not be the case. If the USA wasn't there, something would have filled the power vacuum.

The USA could be a part of the Commonwealth, with no War of Independence having taken place. It could be German. It could be French. If could be the Confederation of American States, the South could have won. What if there had been no 'Divine Mandate', and many parts of what is now the USA were still controlled by indigenous people, just as educated and wealthy and healthy as their immigrant neighbours?

I think it's a sign of a weak arguement when people advance 'what would you do without us' as a defence, rather than addressing the actual issues people have. It's what the WTBS do... excuses any error by saying how bad it would be without them.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

First off, I am well aware of all of the various countries that fought in all of the different wars, I just found it a well written article that had some good points, some not so good points, but something to think about nevertheless.

Rayzorblade, I hope everything is well for you and your brother.

-Rick

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit