The Warnings of History

by chachasmum 6 Replies latest social current

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

I found this very interesting thought i would post it to share with you.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/wtc/analysis/2003/0316history.htm

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

A long read, but an excellent one.

Thanks for sharing chachasmum.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Chachasmum

Thank you for posting. It's a pity that your post will probably be ignored. It seems that too many forum members prefer clowns, circuses and feel good "pre-emptive strikes".

If we do not remember history, we are doomed to repeat it.

Love,

Robyn

• jelly
    jelly

Ever notice how everyone always claims history is on their side. Honestly I don’t think Saddam is the quite the threat Hitler was, as he is made out on the right. However, to imply that Bush is turning America into Nazi Germany shows an even more tenuous grasp of reality.
    Terry

• Robdar
    Robdar

However, to imply that Bush is turning America into Nazi Germany shows an even more tenuous grasp of reality.

Terry, what you say may be true, but don't you find the similarities eerie? When I first heard the words "homeland security" my blood froze.

History should be paid attention to.

Love,

Robyn

• jelly
    jelly
    History should be paid attention to.

I agree, but for guidance not exact pattern matches. Anyway I think we can agree that its important not to give up our freedoms because of fear.

Terry

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

I know this article link is a long read, but it is very thought provoking.

I am happy we live in a democracy and not a dictatorship. Although, with how Bush won the election, despite the majority vote for Gore, and this new propagandish language I am beginning to wonder.

History does have a way of repeating itself. It is going to be a long year and a half to the next election. A lot can happen within that time. It makes me feel sad that I didn't ever vote while I had the right to and will give serious thought to registering for the next election.

I would like to give Bush the benefit of the doubt, but he is making it very difficult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit