organization obsesion

by Richard C B 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I seriously can't believe you intelligent lot are debating a child. Didn't you read the post I shared concerning his PMs with me? Wow. Keep feeding the kids ego, seriously go ahead. He's a teenager and beating the shit out of adults as far as effort goes. But hey, keep feeding him ... Who am I to to laugh at you all?
  • steve2
    steve2

A good forum for venting and express opinions.

Thanks Doubtfully Yours. To those two benefits I would add the following:

• Enables posters to become clearer about their own misgivings and doubts
    • Helps the exchange of ideas, arguments, etc (in contrast to an environment that views these sorts of exchanges in a negative light)
    • Helps posters realize there is a large common swell of "complaints" against jw org - so it is well understood by others. For example, when posters disclose their particular concerns, more often than not there will be a strong sense of shared empathy - which is important for those who have felt isolated and like "they" are the problem
    • A source of information on how indoctrination works to stifle questioning of religious authorities
    • Shared experiences are excellent antidotes for "personalizing" the expereince as due to "spiritual weakness/laziness"
    • An emerging focus on resilience factors (e.g., despite the difficulties within the organization and the difficulties getting "space" from it, people exhibit a range of qualities, skills etc that suggest some strength and a refusal to collapse into hopelessness)
    • A shared language such as TTATT - which encapsulates an invigorating idea - namely, that of stepping back from familiar "truths" and detecting the very opposite
    • A resource for a range of healthy options/alternatives for people after leaving. In the past, the "loudest" voices against jw org were alternate religious ones. Now there are several well developed threads of angnostic and atheistic views on the matter.
    • Provides a timeline of changes and developments within jw org. For those of us still interested in what goes on in jw.org (because of family ties), this forum is usually up with the play - often even before elders have been informed.
    • Unlike in the vacuum-tight world of jws, knowledge shared on this forum is empowering - what people do or don't do with that knowledge is their business.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

SecretSlaveClass

has he really won? Think of all of the lurkers who have just watched the immaturity of one of their own's behavior.

Personally, if he were one of mine, I'd be embarrassed

It's in their faces and now that's something THEY have to think about.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

NeverKnew:

A troll child doesn't care. So yes he won. He consumed all your time getting your attention. It has nothing to do with JW commitment. Like I said, if you read my postings of his IM's to me full of profanity. The CHILD doesn't care about the JW religion, only your attention. But be my guest, keep engaging him and convince yourself that is what he's all about. Get it? He's a CHILD, as in barely pubescent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit