organization obsesion

by Richard C B 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Nowwhat

No he is a literal child and a troll. The last time he swung by here he was shut down quickly, particularly with the profanity laden PM's he sent me which I shared with the forum. No seriously, he's a child looking to troll, period. Just ignore the little brat.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

@Richard. I assume you have some doubts about the organisation and would love for you to share them with the board.

You must have doubts. If you truly believed the org was guided by Jehovah, you surely would take the council of the org and not associate with the apostates on this board?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

History bears out that the wt organization is extremely obsessed with discrediting every other 'organization' on earth except the wt. Therefore, it is equally incumbent on those who have first hand knowledge and experience to use whatever means available to expose the wt organization for what it really is.

In all "fairness" to the corrupt wt organization, all other religious 'organizations' are no doubt the same! It's just that we on this forum have personal (bad) experience with wt.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Londo111
    Londo111

How does one measure obsession? This is a forum, the main topic being the Watchtower organization, its doctrines, practices, history and how it has touched people’s lives.

If one went to an online forum about horses or music that would be the main topic. That topic would not likely dominate a person’s life as they’d have a life outside. On a forum dedicated to a certain topic, we only see a small slice of people’s lives.

Back to the topic, I believe being organized is good, but it is a matter of degree. By default, organizations are not always a bad thing. Again, it is a matter of to what extreme.

For instance, government is not a bad thing and better than chaos. When people work together, they can accomplish more than on their own for the common good. However, a totalitarian dictatorship, without checks and balances, is the other extreme. The question is good vs harmful.

As pertinent to the Watchtower organization, many on this forum feel it is a harmful organization and is on the extreme end of the organization spectrum. People are concerned because they’ve friends and loved ones inside that could be and are being harmed in one way or another. People also cannot just walk away like they can in other organizations, not without losing the people they care about via shunning. Some people have experienced horrific things at the hands of the organizational machinery.

Also many have deeply examined what was the center of their life, the Watchtower organization, and have thoroughly realized it is not “the Truth”. Perhaps because of examining the history and older publications or examining the foundational teachings (607, 1914, 1919, Faithful Slave, door-to-door, great crowd). That is deeply unsettling as many have spent a good part of their lives and life choices to something that turned out be false. Now they are being shunned (or in danger of being shunned if they let it slip) by all the people they love over something that is a lie.

Other people who have left controlling groups, like Scientology, the Moonies, or the Mormons have similar experiences.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Richard C B - "there has to be order in the world and organised people..."

...said every fascist demagogue throughout history.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW_Rogue - "You can leave and we won't make your family shun you."

You can even change your mind and come back without needing to be "reinstated".

x

(unless, of course, you forgot your password :smirk:)

• WatchtowerReviewz
    WatchtowerReviewz

Perhaps you would benefit from examining the BITE model. https://www.freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php

The Jehovah's Witness organization is a high control group. People have been abused and have had entire families and social structures taken from them simply because they wanted out of this organization. Yet you still wonder why some of these people seem obsessed?

I wonder how you would react if you were blackmailed and had your entire social circle turned against you? Or how about being a parent to a child that was sexually molested by someone in the congregation that was protected by the organizations draconian policies on handling pedophiles? What about a family member that committed suicide because they were guilted and drained by Watchtowers ridiculous rules and fear mongering?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Sorry to tell everybody, but I think the original poster left the building.....Once the answers got too hot and heavy he couldn't take it and ran away!

It is common for a lot of Witnesses who have bits and pieces of information about why ex-JWs hate the religion to make such pathetic statements in defense of the religion. They may have overheard a few buzz words and they came up with the lame idea that the issue is about "organization". Meanwhile, they haven't got the foggiest idea about the religion's history or the depth of the scandals.

They have NO idea of the Truth About The Truth and the mountain of information against the religion.

This person just needs a good history and current events course about what the Witness religion is REALLY all about instead of the sanitized garbage the religion says about itself. He has to have the courage to do independent research!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A good forum for venting and express opinions. That's all.

DY

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

People can you back off this dude...it started off OK and you were starting to get into a reasonable convo about stuff with him, he was actually starting to listen after his first daft comment...

Richard I apologize ....you made a comment some don't agree with but you don't deserve insults for it that some at the beginning of the thread gave you.

Edited to add I think his wife uses this forum...maybe she's trying to wake him up. Why don't we help rarther than hinder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit