Would the GB ever do this? Pope Francis did. What do you think?

by LevelThePlayingField 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Pope: Bishops who covered up for abuse guilty of wrongdoing

[at mid point in article]

On Sunday, Francis directed his attention to the victims of abuse themselves, meeting with five survivors, including people who had been molested not only by priests but also abused by family members or educators. He apologized to them that often their accusations weren't taken seriously, and promised to hold bishops accountable.

Francis said he understands how a victim or a relative of a victim could refuse to forgive the priest who abused.

"I pray for them, and I don't judge them," Francis said.

He recalled that in his previous meeting with survivors of sex abuse, in July 2014, one told him that her mother had lost her faith and died an atheist after learning that a priest had violated her child.

"I understand this woman. I understand, and God who is better than me understands," Francis said. "And I am sure that God received this woman. Because what was groped and destroyed was her flesh, the flesh of her daughter. I understand. I cannot judge someone who cannot forgive."

• LevelThePlayingField
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    This makes up a bit for his congratulation of the clery's courage last week.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Vatican obviously(tm) got some wiser advise on how to handle the pedo crisis than did the WTS.

Doc

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    thanks for your comments.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's certainly a step in the right direction.

The GB hasn't even acknowledged that there is an issue. Heartless b*****ds.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DesirousOfChange - "The Vatican obviously(tm) got some wiser advise on how to handle the pedo crisis than did the WTS."

Well, unlike the GB, they obviously don't surround themselves solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with them.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    It would be terribly ironic if the steps taken by the pope were in whole or partly due to the recommendations of Dr Applewhite. But once again this might just be wishful thinking.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    The GB will never do or say this to anyone, those people would have been DF & therefore unworthy of any consideration.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am glad the pope apologized. It was a nice gesture on his part to admit this and address the victims. I'm sure there were countless victims in years past.

People better not hold their breath waiting for this dramatic of an apology from the JWs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit