Warwick news

by Rattigan350 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WireRider
    WireRider

Doubling down on a WT World Headquarters - knowingly built on land with chemical ground contamination serious enough to sue for. Sounds about right. Pouring all resources in to it.

I'd like to see the for sale sign on the front lawn.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    They could never sell that property now without an extensive environmental clean-up. The fact that they know or willful blindness, so to speak, are now liable for the property. Or the EPA will somehow get involved, if they can indeed prove the property is contaminated.
  • WireRider
    WireRider

They could never sell that property now without an extensive environmental clean-up.

My question is what knothead would buy this property, knowing who owned it and what it was used for, and didn't bother to have it tested. I don't care "how contaminated" it is - I certainly wouldn't be working there, and I sure as hell would not live there, bathe, eat or drink anything. Who needs Kool-Aid, they have pre-contaminated ground and ground water. Even at a low dose can make people sick with extended exposure. I have heard people say it is a luxury retirement resort. :) Good place.

Think the lawsuits are adding up now? Wait a few years. Bringing in all kinds of volunteers to work on a property that at the same time they are screaming in court that the property is so contaminated they are demanding that the previous owner pay for cleanup? Are they using local water for concrete and other building needs. Hosing down floors before tile?

They should have postponed building until AFTER it was cleaned, and AFTER they knew how much it costs.

My house isn't that big, but I had it tested. Maybe the GB missed that on their conference call with God. Or maybe God just has a hell of a sense of humor - and a way to kill off false prophets who build their World Takeover Headquarters on a waste dump.

If they have to pay to have chemical remediation, the lawsuit to try to recover money could be 10yrs, if ever? No amount of contamination that requires professional remediation is acceptable. The article I read was that is was made an illegal practice be the EPA years before the previous company stopped. Why was the practice of dumping byproduct chemicals outlawed? What idiot bought this property unchecked?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I remember reading somewhere on these boards, but someone posted that the site or area was used for some kind of metal processing. That being said I imagine all kinds of solvents, phenols in the ground and ground water in that area. But that does present the question, what kind of hairbrain(s) would develop such an extravagant facility on land they did not test or knew about contamination then proceeded to build there anyway.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Hey, if they suspend construction on Warwick I'm buying pizza for everyone!
  • WireRider
    WireRider

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/T12JJLVTOVOC2NH33

Many links on Google: Warwick Watchtower contamination

I like this:

JW.org:

A Witness closely involved with these aspects of the project says, “Even though doing so will require additional planning and time, we are committed to protecting the ecosystem at the Warwick site.”

So they buy land that had a metals foundry dumping tons of chemical byproducts for 20 some years, many of which were illegally dumped for years. And a "research" division. Who knows what they were dumping.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Why would they want to build their ivory tower anywhere near land that used heavy metals and likely contaminants in the area. You would think they would want that lavish centre on pristine land, far away from any known polluted are.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

They can't afford to finish any of the other current construction sites...

...they're steadily fixing up and/or selling their finished properties...

...and they've essentially committed themselves to batten down the hatches at an exclusive semi-rural compound built on contaminated land, which they probably can't afford to clean up, can't sell because of said contamination, and can't abandon because a) of the investment they've already made in it, and b) by the time they've sold off everything else, they'll have nowhere else to go.

x

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting an "impending last stand" vibe from all of this?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Waverider - "...maybe God just has a hell of a sense of humor - and a way to kill off false prophets who build their World Takeover Headquarters on a waste dump."

If it is, it's the most extreme example of "gallows" humor I've ever seen...

x

Know what's really funny?

That kind of scenario is, ironically, exactly the kind of thing that God* would do to bitch-slap someone for getting so far out of line that they could no longer see the line.

x

* the way he was described by my JW parents

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

More evidence that the organization is just flat out of money. These kind of deposits/escrowed amounts are normal for a large organization.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit