Sun,moon, earth and mathematics .

by atomant 136 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos
    K99: "Apples and oranges Pro.

how can we justify the mention of fruit in a math/astronomy thread, linked to the uniqueness of our place in spacetime? let me try: Apple and Oranges are grown adjacent to a line stretching from Oregon to South Carolina, a line that will see a transit of the Moon before the Sun on Aug. 31, 2017. aka a `total solar eclipse. I hope you will be there. joking aside, whether the universe made itself, or at one point had an creative agent, it behoves us to be grateful, work well for the future, particularly in the processes that brought us here, procreation, and hey, what fun to find out how it was done and perhaps decorated.

Cg:--" Tsunamis , eruptions, earthquakes must prove that this God didn't do it right.

au contraire, these are the very processes that are necessary for life's existence as we know it.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    prologos-"how can we justify the mention of fruit in a math/astronomy thread, linked to the uniqueness of our place in spacetime?"

It worked for Issac Newton... allegedly

• prologos
    prologos
    Gilles Gray: "It worked for Issac Newton... allegedly

thumbs up, that was a sharp retort.!! he was a believer, by the way, proving that you do not have to be an atheist to do seminal Sun.Moon,Earth science.,

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

prologos-"thumbs up, that was a sharp retort.!!"

Why thank you...

prologos-" he was a believer, by the way, proving that you do not have to be an atheist to do seminal Sun.Moon,Earth science.,"

Indeed he was... an avid believer. He was also bonkers.

Interesting fact about him was that he only ever laughed once in his life. I forget what the condition is called where people don't have the ability to laugh. Joseph Stalin is another one.

• prologos
    prologos

Giles Gray: : "forget what the condition is called where people don't have the ability to laugh.

extreme celibacy? he would have greatly benefited from a better half. and the 28-30 day cycle , Sun-Earth-Moon rotation would have given him not only legacy, but offspring, another sure way into the future, not to mention improved sanity.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    prologos-" extreme celibacy? he would have greatly benefited from a better half."

LOL...Too true, although it reminds me of a line in a film called 'The Family Way' where a newlywed says to his father that he didn't know he could have so much fun without laughing...

• prologos
    prologos
    GG: "LOL...Too true, although it reminds me of a line in a film called 'The Family Way' where a newlywed says to his father that he didn't know he could have so much fun without laughing...

glad you endorse abstinence before the vows, worked for me. Have to tell you my situation on this , related to the Earth, Moon, barycenter rotation thing. I was always fond of slim ladies, the long distance runners, not the shot putters. I am fully in accord with the wt idea of not having married people dance with other mate's material, but if you are a Waltz ball roomer, having a slim partner really krimps your style, so, I asked for special dispensation to be able to ask the most trained shot heavy putter for a waltz. Our mutual center of gravity was barely inside her body, just like the Earth /Moon situation, and it was amazing having the cooling wind in that long orbit around her, faster than the 28-30 day lunation, and Sun sync rotation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit