• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    What--if any--differences or distinctions are there between:
    the CUSTOMS of men
    and the TRADITIONS of men?

Amen.

• velo_dubber
    velo_dubber
    Anyone have any feedback on the beard ban being lifted? Any wild and wooly sightings at the conventions? Or is it still too soon? Looks like I will be having to attend at least 1 or 2 days next weekend and was thinking about sporting a beard if it's now acceptable.
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

an elder i spoke with implied it is now a conscience decision whether to have a beard

• compound complex
    compound complex

My conscience says I hate to shave and I like to be called Jesus. I do draw the line at Christ, however.

Amazing how long hair and beards are so common here where I live -- men of all ages.

CC

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm very sorry to read this. WT is becoming a bit more reasonable.

Just today we ran into a former JW at local watering hole. We instantly knew that we both were not active in the church because we both were sporting beards. We could easily dispense with the "are you still in" dance thanks to the WT beard ban.

BRING BACK THE BAN!!!

om

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

listener - "...I don't know of any culture or locality that does not generally accept men having beards,.."

Watchtower culture.

Duh. :wink:

• Whipit
    Whipit

I chose to grow a goatee when i turned 50, instantly told no more privileges, so what didn't want them anyway,their are still elders who 4 years since do not talk to me, it actually liberated my mind & made me open my eyes to this cult, i still attend due to family, now the article, i ran the article by an elder friend of mine, here is the gist of what he said, "neatly trimmed beards are accepted in the community, bankers, police, doctors are not looked down upon due to facial hair & how could you judge a brother who chooses to have a beard", also the article states that some appointed men have beards, it it the same holy spirit??, i will not attend the WT on that day.

• Chook
    Chook

Could you imagine trying to convince a "Worldy" deaf & dumb person by only picture form of the bible characters and asking who were the good ones ,the ones on Gods side, then you would be shown pictures of Moses Aaron Jesus then you would know the good guys had beards. Then you would be shown Romans clean shaven, the Egyptians the same and realise the governing body has no beards . Moral of the story is " even the deaf & dumb were smarter than most of us who where convinced of Brooklyn Prophecy.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Beards must be wrong...Conchita wears one.....

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Anyone have any feedback on the beard ban being lifted?

I was at the one day assembly and low and behold beards are appearing. I saw 2 jw's who were sporting them.

The snowball has started to roll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit