Reasons why I and we can succeed in life without religion.

by googleTTATT 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• googleTTATT
    googleTTATT

I am compiling my list of reasons. You can add yours if you like to.

1. Religions like telling their members to pay a lot of tithes thereby making their members to be in need and poor.

• googleTTATT
    googleTTATT

I consider myself an atheist because of this.

• googleTTATT
    googleTTATT

I asked a man that claims to be a christian why he did not go to his church. So he said that he does not have money to pay for his tithes.

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

A few weeks ago, in the African French Church that I sometimes attended, a woman was giving a testimony in front of the people in the church. She is an immigrant from Congo, and lately she received a permit to stay in Germany. She told how grateful she was that she had now obtained this permit and that she was allowed to stay in this country. She praised God and was very happy.

Then after this testimony, there was a sermon by also a Congolese man.

The sermon was about tithing. He told how there are three kinds of tiths that everybody needs to pay: 1.monthly tiths. 2. tith of tiths. 3. tiths of everything. It was complete nonsense. And then came the worst part of his sermon. He directly spoke to this woman in front of the whole church, and said to her that God had worked for her, God had given her this permit, and now she had to pay God back!

Completely appaling. As if God needs our money. I have since then left this church and am visiting other churches to see which is more pleasant.

The attitude of some churches toward tithing really is a problem.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You use the expression "Tithing"?

Are you sure you come from a Witness background?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I think that at this point in my life I have quite a lot to show for. I feel quite successful, particularly when I consider how since my own birth seems like I was set to fail. Hence, I don't think that I have to have or give any reason for me to succeed without religion. My life so far is my reason.

That said, in now way am I trying to make what others share invalid.

The attitude of some churches toward tithing really is a problem.

Some churches are all about money. I've even known of some churches where people have to apply for membership and they have to be approved, and part of the application involves showing proof of income. I know that running a church and some of the community services that some churches run cost money, but time and time again the amount o money that they receive many times surpasses what they need for those programs, not to mention that many times they obtain funding from grants and foundations.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Religion is supposed to instruct people how the universe works and how they can work with it. It is supposed to tell people where their souls have been, where they are headed, and how to work with the universe to get where they want to be. It is not supposed to be about telling people to not worry about it because some fake being is going to take care of it, only to have them end up with their souls dissipating after spending all their lifetimes in one dead end after another.

I think the whole Christian scam did a lousy job at doing anything useful. Islam is no better at doing its job as a religion, and neither is Judaism. All religions that those foul programs have infested have been corrupted so they cannot tell anyone where their souls are headed or how to get anything better for themselves.

You are better off going to a "church" that teaches people to use astrology, teaches meditations, teaches runes and mantras (and not the corrupted versions, either), and actually does something useful. And there are no churches that do that--instead, they go in and worship this plastic Jesus affixed to a cross (jokehovians worship an imaginary Jesus affixed to a tree, supposedly ruling them right now). Islam is about worshiping poverty and misery--same as Christi-SCAM-ity. Going to those churches or mosques is nothing more than a waste of time, donating psychic energy and money to your own damnation and the enslavement of the whole world (has anyone else noticed how drained you felt after being at a big or grand boasting session? This is why.)

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

Stuckinarut

(If your post was a response to my post)

Is tithing not the correct English term? the tithing was taking place in a protestant French church, not with JW's.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

2. Religion gives some people an inflated arrogant view of themselves. EG, "I'm special and you're going to hell." - even to the extent than when people commit murder, filth like terrorists, the KKK, Spanish Inquisition (as examples of Christian terrorists), and others, say they are doing the will of their chosen God......like god is too weak to fight it's own battles!

3. It has caused most wars, slaughter, slavery, death and torture in the name of a made up invisible psycho that lives in the sky somewhere.

• googleTTATT
    googleTTATT

The miracles and the physical healings that religions claim to perform are all lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit