For those of us who do not have an opinion

by rebel 8 Replies latest social current

• rebel
    rebel

I am not pro-war or anti-war. I have leanings towards the anti-war brigade because I hate killing. Also, I do not think I have more of a right to be alive on this planet than the next person. I don't know all the ins and outs of this present conflict. I don't know if what we are told in our press coverage and TV programmes is true. I JUST DON'T KNOW. I don't know what to believe any more. I don't know who is wrong or who is right. I don't know who's propaganda is more reprehensible. I just don't like war - PERIOD! I hate anyone thinking they have the right to take the life of another human being. So where does that leave me?

xxRoz

• dottie
    dottie

Rebel...

I understand your confusion, as I am in the same boat. I think in the long run...no one really likes war, even then so-called "pro-war" people. From the way I look at it they are supporting this war because of things that have happened and they feel that they need to support the government in every way. Which to me is fine. On the other end of the spectrum there are the "anit-war" people which I think are just trying to look out for humanities sake. Which is also fine to me.

What isn't fine to me is how some try to force their opinons on people. If there is a disagreement, fine disagree, but IMHO, I think it is ridiculous to carry on an argument over days and days. If they are going to disagree, great; but don't continue to push and push your opinion on someone who obviously is standing firm in their boots. I think some should agree to disagree.

My whole stance is this : Yes war is war. War sucks no one likes it, but until YOU are the one sitting in that drivers seat (ie: president, prime minister, etc) you have no say in the matter. Doesn't matter if they are elected officials or not...they are still going to do what they think is right for thier country. I hate war just as much as anyone else, but at the same time I feel that I need to support the troops because they are going through some crazy shit over there and the last thing they want to hear about "home" is how much they are hated.

Damn...I think this is my longest post ever...but anyway..this is just my 2 cents...spend it how you chose...

Dottie

• rebel
    rebel

Dottie,

I know exactly how you feel. I hate war! I hate it! But I don't hate the soldiers, sailors, airmen etc who are putting their lives on the line.

I admire those that put their life on the line for me - whether I agree with it or not is irrelevant.

Please - whether you are pro-war or antir-war - just stop for a minute and think " I may be wrong".

Love

Me

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yes Rebel/ Dottie I feel much the same as you.

I refuse to participate in the arguments because I think that probably 98% of the posters are uninformed-misinformed, when it comes to the full range of dynamics and contests and maneuvering for power and wealth and the issues of security, by the various countries of the world. I know that I am uninformed, despite the time I spend looking things up and reading.

I think that some of the posters who are so insulting to one another are hysterical or paranoid in their thinking. Some seem to have a psychotic hatred for all things American or British or Arabic or Islamic. Some can see nothing but doom and destruction. Others blindly follow and accept the actions of one country and do not accept the same actions of a different country.

It reminds me of some of those damned circuit wide elders meetings.

Outoftheorg

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Who does not hate killing? If your next door neighbor was being raped and robbed, would you assist? If the town next your yours was being robbed and their woman raped, would you assist to stop these Devils?

Evil will continue to spread unless the rule of law is enforced. The world is full of evil leaders that only have one goal: the subjugation of the world. The talking is over. There comes a time when you make peace with the tyrants and just hope they will stop, or you refuse to support Hell on earth and take action....

• rebel
    rebel

ThiChi,

The only problem with your argument is - who are the peacemakers, and who are the tyrants?

xxRoz

• Simon
    Simon
    Who does not hate killing? If your next door neighbor was being raped and robbed, would you assist? If the town next your yours was being robbed and their woman raped, would you assist to stop these Devils?

... and if the people in the town you did business with were doing some robbing and raping, would that be ignored? ... and another town that agreed with you ... you let them rob and rape because, well ... they are an ally.

Simplistic reasoning does *not* work or justify the war unless the consistent standards are maintained.

• rebel
    rebel

"If your next door neighbor was being raped and robbed, would you assist? If the town next your yours was being robbed and their woman raped, would you assist to stop these Devils?"

ThiChi -please elaborate - I don't see the connection.

xxR

• rebel
    rebel

I know what I mean and I mean what I say!

xxR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit