John Denver: On being human

by StoneWall 4 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    I have renewed respect and admiration for John Denver after watching/listening to this video.Some of it reminds me of words by another John, John Lennon.
    I really regret that my JW upbringing made me dislike John Denver after some things he had said about JW's in his earlier career. I would have loved to have heard this talk back in 1980 when it was first recorded.
    It hits home on so many levels of what we discuss on this very forum. Everything from evolution to spirituality,humanity to religion, the ineptitude of modern politics to solve mankind's problems.
    The things which we allow to divide us as humans but more importantly the things which we all should allow to unite us.
    It is 2 hours in length but I didn't regret the time spent watching it because it was one of those things that show that he had very similar ideas,philosophies,and feelings that have been expressed on here.
    After what many of us have been through on our journey and trying to escape a religion that we found we were trapped/bound to in some form or another,something tells me he'd felt right at home being with us.
    This recording is almost 36 years old so the sound and picture quality might not be what we're accustomed to today but is so worth the watching of it. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrMhzdTenWw

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I started watching, 2 hours is longer than I have to devote tonight, but this is on my to-do list. BTW, I heard all the stories about JD and his anti-JW position. But I never heard any confirmation of any thing.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I will keep to watch when I have more time to do so .

smiddy

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    John Denver's alleged public humiliation and loathing of JWs is an urban myth.
  • pbrow
    pbrow

Shilmer.... and a wide spread one at that!

Hearing the mention of John Denver always gave me this loathesome feeling towards him.... Satan must have created John Denver right after the smurfs.

What a sheep I was!

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit